Tata Sky Metes out Raw Deal to TV Subscribers in State

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
Subscribers of Tata Sky’s Direct to Home (DTH) TV service have been helplessly staring at blank screens for the last two weeks. But, what’s irking hundreds of its customers across the State is the devil-may-care attitude of the company.

Disruption in service has been reported in a number of towns in the State, a big setback for the customers who were lured by Tata Sky through a massive re-launch, with 19 Malayalam channels, using brand ambassador actor Mohanlal in September 2013.

A ‘No Signal’ message welcomes the viewers who eagerly switch on the TV for their hourly dose of news updates, favourite serials and sports events.

“It’s been 10 days now, and the company has not taken any action yet. They are taking the customers for granted,” said an 82-year-old Aleyamma, for whom TV is the sole means to connect with the outside world.

“For minor problems in satellite reception, we are seeking the help of ‘outside’ mechanics. Now, I am thinking of switching over to a new service provider,” said Aleyamma, a resident of Tiruvalla.

“I’m not able to watch the IPL matches due to signal problem.
“I made several calls and sent message to the customer service centre of the company, but received a cold response,” said Sandeep, a cricket fan in Kochi.

Meanwhile, the irate subscribers are venting their anger on social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook.

“Two weeks ago, I registered complaints through SMS, missed call and email.
“Since then, every day I receive message saying, ‘your work is pending, thank you for your patience’ and ‘our field service team will contact you soon’ etc.,” said Rajeev, another subscriber.

Tata Sky charges each and every SMS and phone call. Their helpline number seems like a toll-free number, but in reality it is not. Subscribers spend money by making signal-related queries and they are asked to continue on line for several minutes, without any result. This is making subscribers furious.
“I made around 2-3 calls per day over the last 9-10 days, and the telephone charges would be nearly Rs 300,” said one customer.

Sreenivasan, one of the directors of City Channel, Thrissur, said the signal gets disrupted in the months of March and April due to satellite solar outage.

“At the time of the satellite solar outage, signal from the satellite gets disrupted as the sun crosses the equator,” he said.

“If that is the case, how do the other operators provide service without disruption?” asked a subscriber.

Tata Sky Metes out Raw Deal to TV Subscribers in State -The New Indian Express

Absolutely agree. Everytime they close the request without fixing, and I have to raise a new one by SMS.

Hey i had this issue last month , for three days there is NO TV. But as they assured they corrected it. There is no option but to wait. Tatasky has to give something back to consumers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock