Tata Sky Old Packages Full Details and Problems Faced (Updated with New Screenshots)

Harshit

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am a user of Tata Sky SD connection since April 2009. I am using Old Package "Super Value" till date. I just wanted to share the details of the Old Packages so as to facilitate comparison between the old packages and the new Truchoice Packages. It will also help old customers to recollect their memories regarding Old Package. I also wanted to discuss the problems faced by me only because I was a Old Package user. I very well know that this thread is irrelevant for most of the DDF Members. But still i request the moderators and administrators, Please do not to close this thread as i want to share my problems faced.

First of all, I must say that i never faced any technical (Except MPEG-4 Migration) nor billing problem from their side. Starting from October 2013 to till date, I receive a call near about twice ever week from Tata Sky team forcing me to migrate to new packages and the funny thing they use to say that on migrating to new packs you will get two free regional packs which i don't get in old packs. Regional channels are included in base packs of old packages. They also told me that new channels wont be added to Old packs if i continue them but till last channel addition i.e. Home Shop 18, Zee Marudhara, News Nation, News Express, Jaya Plus, Discovery Tamil, Jai Maharastra News and Zee Khanna Kazhana all were added to my base pack. Every time i used to strictly say them NO, i wont change my base pack.

All the limits were crossed when they simply said that they will not change my MPEG-2 Box to MPEG-4 Box free of cost because i am using Old Packages. After mailing them many times and complaining to nodal officers they changed my box finally for free of cost.

The reasons why i did not migrate to new packages:-
1. Very Cheap, as compared to Dhamaal Cricket Music pack. The pack would have cost me only Rs 235 earlier and from November 2013 Rs 250 with near about 180 channels.
2. I need four regional packages- Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali and Hindi. For which i would have to spend Rs 50 extra in New packages.
3. Active services cost very cheap-
Super Value Kids Pack with Active Fun Learn at Rs 260, only Rs 10 extra compared to Super Value Pack.
Super Value English Pack with Active English at Rs 265, only Rs 15 extra compared to Super Value Pack.
Lifestyle Bronze Add-on pack with Active Cooking and NDTV Goodtimes channel Rs 15 only.

The Genre of Channels i need are:-
1. Hindi Entertainment
2. Hindi Movies.
3. Hindi News.
4. Hindi Music.
5. Above mentioned regional packs.
6. Some Knowledge/Infotainment channels.

The Genre of channels extra i was getting was Kids, Other regional channels like Punjabi, Oriya, South channels.

In the beginning of February 2014, they discontinued all the Old Packages like Super Value Pack, Super Value Kids Pack, Super Value English Pack,etc except Super Saver Pack (I have always ignored this package) which costs Rs 315 and includes some of the English Entertainment and Movie channels but excludes some important channels like Colors, UTV Bindass, UTV Movies, UTV Action and many other channels. They also discontinued some Add-on's like Lifestyle Gold and some others. On every first day of every month i used to change my package through mytatasky.com to Super Saver and again to Super Value Pack only to get some extra days of using Super Value Pack in case the Super Value Pack is discontinued. On 20 February i received a SMS that i will be migrated to Supreme Sports Kids Pack On 28th February.

I am uploading the screenshots from mytatasky.com of my current subscription, Other Old Packs and Add-on's available, Full Channel list of Super Value Pack and some Add-on's and also of the SMS received. Please note that new price of Super Value is not updated and some channels are included in Super Value Pack but not shown in the channel list like M Tunes SD, Zee Marudhara, etc. Super Value pack contains all channels of Dhamaal Cricket Music Pack except History Tv 18, Discovery Science, VH1, etc. I have Highlighted the part of the image with a Red colour border where i thought it was important.

I know that my post has become very long, but it was all needed to explain the problem faced by me and Tata Sky's view point on it.

Regards

Harshit

Re: Tata Sky Old Packages Details and Problems Faced

They and same to me. In January I also got same sms but nothing happened. I'm using same old pack since 2008

RE: Tata Sky Old Packages Details and Problems Faced

If they want to discontinue old packs then you have nothing to do according to T&C.

old pack looks good.:)

Re: Tata Sky Old Packages Details and Problems Faced

Better migtra to new packs

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

Such harassment from TS is shocking. Pls email all this to TS CEO Harit Nagpal on his email IDs. Also update TS / Harit Nagpal on their FB/Twitter pages. Post all these details on various websites & forums. Also complain to Trai/MIB about this harassment.
Update here about action taken & reply from TS so that forum members with old TS packs come to know about TS policies.

Re: RE: Tata Sky Old Packages Details and Problems Faced

Which harassment ? I mean what is the complain against TS ? I think He got free MP4 box as replacement.

dipayan said:
Which harassment ? I mean what is the complain against TS ? I think He got free MP4 box as replacement.

What a feeble customer can do if TS is forcing him to change the pack in this way? Pls suggest so as to put pressure on TS / Harit Nagpal....
Free mp4 box replacement is done by TS as they are responsible for migration & its not customer's problem.

Re: RE: Tata Sky Old Packages Details and Problems Faced

NinadG said:
What a feeble customer can do if TS is forcing him to change the pack in this way? Pls suggest so as to put pressure on TS / Harit Nagpal....
Free mp4 box replacement is done by TS as they are responsible for migration & its not customer's problem.

But according to TRAI regulations service provider can drop package after 6 months(If I am not wrong about time frame) or add new package. If u have paid for advance rental only then u are eligible to get refund if service provider change package. I think TRAI cannot do anything in this case.

dipayan said:
But according to TRAI regulations service provider can drop package after 6 months(If I am not wrong about time frame) or add new package. If u have paid for advance rental only then u are eligible to get refund if service provider change package. I think TRAI cannot do anything in this case.

I think here the problem is not about dropping package which TS could have done instead of trying to blackmail its customers. The problem faced by Harshitag is about harassing him to change his pack by calling him frequently & then blackmailing him about changing his STB to mpeg4 STB free of cost.

All the limits were crossed when they simply said that they will not change my MPEG-2 Box to MPEG-4 Box free of cost because i am using Old Packages. After mailing them many times and complaining to nodal officers they changed my box finally for free of cost.

What TS has answer to this blackmailing.....?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock