Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramesh DthSky

Reaction score
Yes. The picture clarity of Airtel HD slightly better than that of Tata Sky HD since I use both. I previously used Videocon D2H HD and Sun Direct HD as well. Tata Sky HD would be up to the mark with respect to the picture clarity of HD channels of various genres namely Sports, Hindi GEC (including HD+1 channels) and Movies, English GEC and Movies, Lifestyle and Infotainment, and Regional GEC.

Since I watch mostly regional music HD and movie HD channels along with Sports and Lifestyle/Infotainment, Tata Sky disappointed me a lot with the poor picture clarity of Tamil movie (KTV HD) and music (Sun Music HD) channels. By remaining closer to the TV, if you watch keenly the fast moving content like dance and fights or a sequence where the camera moves fast in a movie, you will see some blurring or pixelation effect. I cross checked that with the Maa Movies HD (when they broadcast songs during 08:30 PM and 11:30 PM) and found the same issue there as well. After nearly a month of analysis watching almost all HD channels on Tata Sky, I came to the conclusion that in Tata Sky, some regional Music HD and Movie HD channels are not up to the mark.

I am not sure when this will be resolved, may be after adopting HEVC compression format so that they might have more space on the transponders then. But as of now this issue is always at the back of my mind. I raised complaints since August 2016, but to no avail. Tata Sky Nodal is asking me to send a snap to confirm the issue !!!!!!!!

Since we pay HD Access Fee and the subscription rates are bit higher in Tata Sky when compared to other DTHs for HD channels, as a customer I would expect all the HD channels they provide should be of top class picture clarity among those DTHs that provide HD channels using MPEG4 compression format.

Last edited by a moderator:

If TV refresh rate is the reason, then how come I never see that issue on Sports HD channels on the same TV with Tata Sky HD connection ? Further I have not seen this issue when I connected the same TV with Airtel HD and Videocon D2H HD for the same two channels . I have also watched both Sun Music HD and KTV HD on my neighbour's TV with Tata Sky HD and found the same issue there as well and only after that I narrowed down on this subject.

@Ramesh DthSky This is exactly the issue I'm facing in HD Channels. Even the faces are blurred in few HD channels to my surprise. The issue is there even on Star Movies HD if you observe very closely. Few HD channels are very good, like Zee Studio HD. As you rightly mentioned, Tata Sky is a premium DTH and charges way higher than it's counterparts. So, such issues should not be there at all, especially with respect to HD picture quality.

@Ramesh DthSky This is exactly the issue I'm facing in HD Channels. Even the faces are blurred in few HD channels to my surprise. The issue is there even on Star Movies HD if you observe very closely. Few HD channels are very good, like Zee Studio HD. As you rightly mentioned, Tata Sky is a premium DTH and charges way higher than it's counterparts. So, such issues should not be there at all, especially with respect to HD picture quality.

AFAIK, the PQ on most of the HD Channels (Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies, Sports, Eng GEC, Eng Movies) is great. Also the regional channels which i have Marathi HD and Kananda HD are also good. like u said few channels have bit low quality and i noticed that sometimes.

I have not faced blurry picture on any HD channel.

AFAIK, the PQ on most of the HD Channels (Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies, Sports, Eng GEC, Eng Movies) is great. Also the regional channels which i have Marathi HD and Kananda HD are also good. like u said few channels have bit low quality and i noticed that sometimes.

I have not faced blurry picture on any HD channel.
You can clearly notice the blurry picture on Star Maa HD. Watch it for sometime when they telecast serials, especially the long shots and moving shots. You might notice the issue a bit lesser because of lower TV size?

You can clearly notice the blurry picture on Star Maa HD. Watch it for sometime when they telecast serials, especially the long shots and moving shots. You might notice the issue a bit lesser because of lower TV size?

Whats the size of your TV ???

yes some members here have said that some regional HD channels (Tamil/Telugu) have low clarity.

Whats the size of your TV ???

yes some members here have said that some regional HD channels (Tamil/Telugu) have low clarity.
49 inch!!

I can agree on the low PQ, Dullness on some HD channels, but Blurryness ???

Lets ask @Bapun Raz bro and @litto717 bro, both use TS HD and have 49" and 55" Sony Bravia LED TVs if they faced blurryness in HD channels

Yea..even I am not 100% satisfied with Tatsky HD picture quality.. last Sunday I was watching Sky sports F1 HD formula one race and it was so clear and bright compared to dull star sports select HD. It's like 4G... Which is supposed to be fast but we settle for mere 4Mbps or 5 Mbps only...I can go on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock