Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
There we have it. Issue is at your end. Was the PQ of All regional HD channels (Star Maa, Maa Movies, Cinemalu) good like ADTV ???

I suspect either STB or TV issue. As technicolor HD STB are of the best quality

Reconnect LED TV are from Reliance available only at Reliance Digital Stores
PQ is not that good on Reconnect (That's because it's not a Sony TV). However, flickering is not there which confirms that the issue is at my end. I don't think it's a TV issue because, I don't have any issue while watching HD content on YouTube or Fire Stick.

I'm getting good signals on all the satellites. I posted my signal levels in the other thread. However, if dish alignment is an issue, why the SD channels are not having this problem?

You can do one thing, Interchange your STB with theirs and theirs with yours for some time (if they are your good friends) and see.

You can do one thing, Interchange your STB with theirs and theirs with yours for some time (if they are your good friends) and see.
No bro, they came new. It's tough to ask that favor. Will wait till tomorrow, the technician will come anyway with a different set-top box.

@Siva Bro, here you go i tried recording it steadily. Camera quality is not that good as my phone has some cam issues.

SS 1 HD TS

Whatever is causing the flickering is the same thing that is causing the poor PQ on some HD channels for you.

Last edited:
@Siva Bro, here you go i tried recording it steadily. Camera quality is not that good as my phone has some cam issues.

SS 1 HD TS

Whatever is causing the flickering is the same thing that is causing the poor PQ on some HD channels for you.
Ok. I found what is causing the flickering, it's the 1080i 60Hz which is causing it. I changed it to 1080i 50Hz and the flickering is gone now. I will check the picture quality on the HD channels now and update in sometime.

Flickering is happening in my TS connection too. The only common thing we have is Sony TV. I noticed it in Vijay HD. If you happen to fix it, please let everyone know what you did.

Flickering is happening in my TS connection too. The only common thing we have is Sony TV. I noticed it in Vijay HD. If you happen to fix it, please let everyone know what you did.
Change the HD resolution to 1080i 50Hz and it will be gone.

Ok, I checked the HD channels PQ now. Star Sports 1 HD, all the other Star Sports HD channels are excellent, just like Airtel. However, the issue with regional HD channels is still there. Star Maa HD is telecasting a new movie right now (Raja The Great) and the blurry faces are still there in long shots and moving shots. Even on Zee Telugu HD, a new movie is being telecasted (Next Nuvve) and the same blurry faces are there in long shots and moving shots.

Ok, I checked the HD channels PQ now. Star Sports 1 HD, all the other Star Sports HD channels are excellent, just like Airtel. However, the issue with regional HD channels is still there. Star Maa HD is telecasting a new movie right now (Raja The Great) and the blurry faces are still there in long shots and moving shots. Even on Zee Telugu HD, a new movie is being telecasted (Next Nuvve) and the same blurry faces are there in long shots and moving shots.

Glad that rest of the HD channels issue have been fixed and PQ is same as ADTV. Big relief to u.

Now wait till tomorrow and see if issue is there in other STB

If the PQ is good at close shots and blurry at long shots, is it a STB issue ? I feel camera used for shooting could be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock