Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I checked the HD channels PQ now. Star Sports 1 HD, all the other Star Sports HD channels are excellent, just like Airtel. However, the issue with regional HD channels is still there. Star Maa HD is telecasting a new movie right now (Raja The Great) and the blurry faces are still there in long shots and moving shots. Even on Zee Telugu HD, a new movie is being telecasted (Next Nuvve) and the same blurry faces are there in long shots and moving shots.

The standard 1080i@50Hz is what broadcasters use in India and hence it resolved your flickering issue @Siva. But this blurry faces issue in Star Maa Movies HD and Zee Cinemalu HD is altogether different (as we have discussed in our previous posts) and will always be there, as long as Tata Sky resolves it, because I am seeing this since 2016 in two HD channels, KTV HD and Sun Music HD for long shots and fast scenes and cross checked this with Star Maa Movies HD as well. I tested this issue for newer movies shot with full HD cameras and never considered older non-HD content for testing.

Since I also use Technicolor STB, let us see what happens tomorrow when you swap it with a different model.

Last edited:
If the PQ is good at close shots and blurry at long shots, is it a STB issue ? I feel camera used for shooting could be the issue.
Nope, not the camera. Because this issue is not there in ADTV for the same content on those channels!!

Star Sports 1 HD is having excellent quality. I'm now enjoying what I was missing for almost 15 days!! If the other issue gets resolved, it'll be super awesome.

I'm getting good signals on all the satellites. I posted my signal levels in the other thread. However, if dish alignment is an issue, why the SD channels are not having this problem?
Then why is your neighbour getting good PQ in hd channels?

Then why is your neighbour getting good PQ in hd channels?
I didn't say they are getting good PQ, I said they don't have the flickering.

Technician visit completed. He brought another technicolor box with him and checked. Same issue issue is there on that box too. Fortunately, Star Maa Movies HD was telecasting some new songs and the quality was pathetic like 240p. He himself said Humax boxes are very bad in quality and he was surprised that I was asking for that box. He confirmed that it is not an issue at my end, there is an issue with the broadcasting and there are several similar complaints raised earlier too for regional HD channels PQ. However, he also said the complaints were closed without any resolution as the higher authorities did not take this issue seriously.

He shot a video of me talking about the issue and he is going to forward the video to the technical team and also going let them know that the issue is not at my end. He said, I will be receiving a call from the technical team.

I will talk to the technical team once I receive the call and then I will follow-up on the chat.

However, I don't believe this issue is going to be resolved easily. It's going to take long time I guess. As @Ramesh DthSky was saying, it's pending for almost 2 years.

I will take a decision once I receive the call from Technical Team and understand their approach towards the issue.

Technician visit completed. He brought another technicolor box with him and checked. Same issue issue is there on that box too. Fortunately, Star Maa Movies HD was telecasting some new songs and the quality was pathetic like 240p. He himself said Humax boxes are very bad in quality and he was surprised that I was asking for that box. He confirmed that it is not an issue at my end, there is an issue with the broadcasting and there are several similar complaints raised earlier too for regional HD channels PQ. However, he also said the complaints were closed without any resolution as the higher authorities did not take this issue seriously.

He shot a video of me talking about the issue and he is going to forward the video to the technical team and also going let them know that the issue is not at my end. He said, I will be receiving a call from the technical team.

I will talk to the technical team once I receive the call and then I will follow-up on the chat.

However, I don't believe this issue is going to be resolved easily. It's going to take long time I guess. As @Ramesh DthSky was saying, it's pending for almost 2 years.

I will take a decision once I receive the call from Technical Team and understand their approach towards the issue.

They didnt get DVR STB to check ??? as those users with DVR have no issues as per their replies. Also Some users with technicolor are having great PQ on regional HD channels, if he has himself agreed then they have to solve it.

Did they say anything about if Humax HEVC STB issue will be solved ??? Have they stopped giving Humax HD STB or still giving???

He shot the video of yours, wow. Now you will be famous bro. Yes, explain to their technical team the issue the correct way, they will surely understand. Speak to nodal, technical head, even tweet to Mr. Nagpal.

They didnt get DVR STB to check ??? as those users with DVR have no issues as per their replies. Also Some users with technicolor are having great PQ on regional HD channels, if he has himself agreed then they have to solve it.

Did they say anything about if Humax HEVC STB issue will be solved ??? Have they stopped giving Humax HD STB or still giving???

He shot the video of yours, wow. Now you will be famous bro. Yes, explain to their technical team the issue the correct way, they will surely understand. Speak to nodal, technical head, even tweet to Mr. Nagpal.
No he didn't bring HD DVR box, they only have one Demo box i.e. Technicolor HD+. He agreed that this issue is there for long time and there is no resolution.

He said, they are only ordering Technicolor boxes and avoiding Humax as there are so many issues with those boxes.

I will try, however I'm not positive based on what I heard from him. It's a long pending issue without any resolution.

This is wrong on Tata Sky side, what will those customers having Humax HD STB do ??? Will TS solve the issue or replace them with Technicolor HD STB ??? This is not done. I will have to escalate this issue to their head.

I will need other Humax HEVC users help

Last edited:
The service request was closed. LOL. I'm just chatting with the cc person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock