Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great @Siva bro.

Did he tell when TS will be moving to HEVC, and weather existing HD STB be replaced with newer HEVC HD STB?
He said soon bro, no specific timeline was mentioned. I didn't ask him about the STB replacement as it's too early!

There is no relationship between signal quality and picture quality.
No idea Bro, this is what informed by Tata sky Technician. Even i don't see issue after that change, but hoping for good

No idea Bro, this is what informed by Tata sky Technician. Even i don't see issue after that change, but hoping for good
Yes bro, even the training head said the same thing. Picture quality doesn't depend on signal quality. If the signal quality is low, the channels won't come it seems. So, better the signal quality, better chance to get channels even in rainy season! That's what he told.

Last Friday, Technician has visited my house, and i have showed them the blurness photos and videos (Shared by Siva Bro) and then he understands the problem and he did factory re-set of STB and then he selected Second Satellite IN4A-14 (at first time, selected first one by installer), and said that Quality is less than 13, so the picture issue is coming, then he did some alignment on Dish & LNB and then after Quality is more than 13 on almost all channels and thereafter am not seeing the above mentioned picture issue. But still needs to observe for some more days.

There is no relationship between signal quality and picture quality.

Yeah, correct. Signal quality does not in any way impact picture quality. The broadcast signal in sent in digital form which is binary, either 0 or 1. So if the signal quality is zero, you won't see a video on your TV because the Set Top Box(STB) does not receive any signal. If it is 1, then we will see the video. This binary '1' varies from lower signal quality ( 1 point or first point on the calibration scale that we see in the signal quality through Picture settings of our STB ) to higher signal quality (maximum point on the calibration scale of our STB).

Even if the technician sets the signal quality at 1, we will see the same video on TV as sent by Tata Sky or any other DTH service providers exactly without any issues as long as the quality does not fluctuate to '0'. But normally the Signal quality fluctuates (increases or decreases) a point or two even during clear weather days and will never remain constant except very rarely. Hence it is always desirable to set the signal quality to a better available scale since there will be fluctuations due to weather or anything else and this fluctuations cause the Signal quality to go to '0' very quickly if it is set at '1' point or first point. In any case, the picture clarity or quality will not/never be impacted irrespective of the signal quality that can be either '1' point/first point or the maximum available point in our STB.

Last edited:
Very well explained @Ramesh DthSky bro. I think that is what even the training head told. Now that you mentioned 0 and 1, I remember him also mentioning that point. So, yeah the PQ ultimately doesn't depend upon signal quality.

I think regarding the original issue, Tata Sky may not resolve it as they anyway plan on moving to HEVC soon.

Very well explained @Ramesh DthSky bro. I think that is what even the training head told. Now that you mentioned 0 and 1, I remember him also mentioning that point. So, yeah the PQ ultimately doesn't depend upon signal quality.

I think regarding the original issue, Tata Sky may not resolve it as they anyway plan on moving to HEVC soon.

I also feel that HEVC Migration is on the cards soon with TS launching new HEVC HD STB model. Expect the PQ to improve to a great extent.

Yesterday, after watching a movie Raja The Great on Star Maa HD I was frustrated to the core that I recharged ADTV today and shifted back. I might think about TS when they move to HEVC, but for now I'm done!!

Yesterday, after watching a movie Raja The Great on Star Maa HD I was frustrated to the core that I recharged ADTV today and shifted back. I might think about TS when they move to HEVC, but for now I'm done!!
I too started liking Airtel :) for now as per me missing Zee Telugu/cinemalu HD is only con compared to tata sky.

Siva bro whats problem..in ts..i am using ts but pq is very good..no blue and read shades..but sunnet work channels are so many movies not provide full hd 16:9 pq and some dots is arrived & not fuly dolby audio telicosted..u r send the u r problem on pq? Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock