Discussion Tata Sky Satellite Migration to GSAT 31 (2019) - Discussions, News and Updates - Migration Completed.

I know what has happened. I did some analysis on this. The satellite is GSAT 31 itself and not GSAT 10 H.

Super LNB have a different home TP/Entry point as compared to normal LNB. It's set to 10850 H on GSAT 10. GSAT 10 has no H TPs for that matter. But I guess they are using a blank frequency as a link to Super LNB as there's no data on that frequency.

Yesterday and today I have seen the INSAT TP signal go down while GSAT TP signals remain normal. Now let us take a scenario.

As someone said that GSAT 10 H polarization has been enabled and it's not GSAT 31 then why are many getting low signals on H TPs??? Remember SUPER LNB Entry point also is on H TP but it's 80% Signal quality unlike the other H TP that have very low signals. IF at all GSAT 10 H polarization has been active then all would have got good signals

Now the orbital position of GSAT 31 is 82.9x unlike INSAT 4A and GSAT 10 which is exactly 83.0, it could be aligned to proper 83.0 in coming days. So I feel the signals of H TP that we all are receiving are from GSAT 31, why ?

1. Some users are getting very high signals (were getting good signals for INSAT)
2. Some users are getting very low quality signal (were getting good signals for INSAT)
3. Signals get stronger at night and weaker at day (Dont know if its region based)

So from the above we can see that the weak signal can either be due to dish alignment, lnb skew issue or satellite orbital position or some background testing activities.

If the H polarization signals were from GSAT 10 then all would have got high signals. (Like Super LNB Frequency)
So we can come to a conclusion that the H TP signal could be from GSAT 31.
Well even if they activate another polarity in the same sat there may be signal loss for correctly alighned LNB... Even if we say insat and gsat r in same orbit the alighnment to be perfect for both polarity as i seen earlier tracking..the alighnment which done for insat H polarity may doesnt match perfectly for gsat H pol surely...
Anyway i am not confirming as either its Gsat 31 or Gsat10 ...
I just wrote what i found during the days of V Pol transponder in early days of gsat...

Last edited:
So how many days will be the testing ?
It cannot be speculate very easily.

Many jobs are Pending Right Now:-

1.If GSat 10 H or GSat 31 has been Activated then the Name should be changed in our STB along with other Parameters.

2.TS trying many Backend Activities each Night but there are no such time limit to end the Activities.

3.For renaming Insat 4A many Experts are suggesting for SW Update - but SW Updated recently with V 303. So will TS again Update that with Newer One?

4.LCN Rearrangements are Pending from Sept 7th but till date - No Final Call have been taken. It is scheduled to be happen very Soon.

5.Channel Addition pending for Star & Zee and We never know they (Broadcaster) can create more Pressure any time.

So really it is very hard to say that when all Backend Activities and Testing will over - But 1 thing is Sure that TS will wrap up all these things by 31st October. And it is expected also because TS have very Efficient Engineers and Backend Team.

It cannot be speculate very easily.

Many jobs are Pending Right Now:-

1.If GSat 10 H or GSat 31 has been Activated then the Name should be changed in our STB along with other Parameters.

2.TS trying many Backend Activities each Night but there are no such time limit to end the Activities.

3.For renaming Insat 4A many Experts are suggesting for SW Update - but SW Updated recently with V 303. So will TS again Update that with Newer One?

4.LCN Rearrangements are Pending from Sept 7th but till date - No Final Call have been taken. It is scheduled to be happen very Soon.

5.Channel Addition pending for Star & Zee and We never know they (Broadcaster) can create more Pressure any time.

So really it is very hard to say that when all Backend Activities and Testing will over - But 1 thing is Sure that TS will wrap up all these things by 31st October. And it is expected also because TS have very Efficient Engineers and Backend Team.
My view...
On point 3 > There is no need to update the sw of STB again...bcoz tatsky have other fecilties of small updates as i seen in earlier in sat tracking...if some major bug fixes and other updates then only they go for updating STB sw...
On point 4 > Unless some new addition of specially HD channels and the operator insists some thing regarding LCN and if there is no space for the required LCN in STB then they might shift some LCN...else no need of realighning the LCN for a Viewer all in whole...
They cant satisfy every users demand of their comfort LCN...

@asgworldindia bro no need of Software update as they already updated . Yesterday i already mentioned that The version.303 was updated for the new satellite change only :ok2: Their is no need of having new satellite name in Stbs with old ones also a new satellite can run . For example D2h got ST2 satellite but for months in STBs it was showing ST1 only .

But its still confusing when Sat trackers scan Ts Tps all shows as V 12 Tps & H 12 actually all 24 should be H Tps if LyngSat is right :huh: @M.J.Sadiq @Deep.S bro's can you attach latest Scan report of Ts.

How? GSAT 10 Tps are V. They remain untouched. Only H TPs are shifted from INSAT 4A to GSAT 31, the same which we witnessed in September end when signal levels changed drastically and some got high and some got low.

How? GSAT 10 Tps are V. They remain untouched. Only H TPs are shifted from INSAT 4A to GSAT 31, the same which we witnessed in September end when signal levels changed drastically and some got high and some got low.
Lot's of Confusion 😂 As Insat 4a is now moving to parking slot so yes Gsat 31 being now used by Tatasky . Hope they activate 1-2 more Tps to add pending SD & HD channels now :) Hope Ts have taken all 19 Tps of Gsat 31 ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock