Tata Sky threatens to drop six regional channels due to non-payment of dues

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,795

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky has issued two separate notices saying it will drop six channels from its platform due to non-payment of dues by the broadcasters.

On 31 July, the DTH operator had issued a notice stating that Tollywood, Sri Sankara and MBC TV would cease to be on its platform starting three weeks from the date of issue of the notice due to non-payment of dues.

In another notice issued on 4 August, the DTH company said that Indiavision News, Ashirwad Gold/Studio One HD and Reporter TV would no longer be on its platform due to breach of agreement terms.

Tollywood is a Telugu general entertainment channel owned by Aspiration Media.

Sri Sankara TV is a national multilingual spiritual channel promoted by Kamadhenu Telefilms. MBC TV is an Odia news channel promoted by Durga Prasad Mishra, a subsidiary of Micro Broadcasting Corporation Group.

Indiavision News and Reporter TV are Malayalam news channels owned respectively by Indiavision Satellite Communications and Indo Asian Channel.

Ashirwad Gold/Studio One HD is a Telugu entertainment channel owned by Ashirwad Telenetwork.

Read more at:

http://www.televisionpost.com/dth/tata-sky-threatens-to-drop-six-regional-channels-due-to-non-payment-of-dues/

JitendraKumar said:
Bro if not sign Contract in CPS then Tata Sky would remove those channels.

Most Popular channel not removed pix , mix ,axn hd
& six hd (ipl telecast)
I think Max2 remove

i think if tatasky will remove important channels they will lose customer they know very well , so they will increase package price

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock