22Dz2Im.jpg

i3kOWDk.jpg

PbD8yrV.jpg

1V1k9tY.jpg

S2WgwG5.jpg

Re: RE: Tata Sky Universal remote Pics

me_saket said:
Plz merge multiple thread of same topic

Other thread has been pisted on 11.43 and aftrr this. So check timings before reply.

This is a pseudo univ remote. Only volume and mute will work with one keypress. For power, you have to press UNIV and then press the common power button. Problem is that you have to do the following:
1. Press power to switch on STB.
2. Press UNIV, wait for 1-2 sec light flash.
3. Press power again to switch on TV.
4. Press UNIV again, wait for 1-2 sec light flash.
5. Then you can use mute and volume for TV.
To switch off again you have to toggle UNIV and do the power off individually.

Steps 2 and 4 are really redundant as it makes you wait till the light flashes (irritating sometimes when you are in a hurry). Had TS given some thought here they could have added another key for TV power (no extra charge, cheap plastic and pcb). Poor design.

I have said it earlier elsewhere in this forum also that the implementation of Airtel universal remote is much better (has dedicated TV and STB power buttons).

However, in this remote you get *one* additional programmable key (help) which you can use to program a single button from your TV remote.

Still a welcome addition!

I called TataSky and ordered the the HD+ (DVR) Universal remote. She quoted a price of ₹350 and said it will be delivered the next day. Yesterday a person called regarding the "complaint" I had registered. I told him I had not registered any complaints, instead I had ordered the HD+ (DVR) Universal remote. He informed that they don't have a remote with the recording features and the only remote they have is for the non DVR box. So is there a Universal remote for the HD+ box?

Yes it is there within 4 hrs of my order which was placed last saturday...

Yes redundant step is not user frindly.

But they reduced number of buttons.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock