Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

Same. I use to pay 250 for all the channels. Now I am gonna have to pay 535. I hope the TRAI's new tariff stays or I am screwed as I am switching to DTH from cable.
Can you both calculate the amount of a-la-carte previous tariff framework, but now the max. Amount is capped at ₹19 only previously prices are very high if you calculate

I see that several people commented about expecting new tariff to be lower because they only want sport channels (and may be a few extra news/infotainment).
Can you share how did you calculate? If you want most of the sports channels, you need to buy either the costliest bouquets of Sony and Star, or select all star(1,2,3,select1,select2) and Sony(Ten 1,2,3 and ESPN,SIX) as Ala carte. Either way your cost won't be less than RS. 350/month/tv including NCF. How much are you paying currently for old plans which included all sports channels?
The only way sports+infotainment would be cheaper in new model is if broadcasters create seperate sports only bouquets with good discounts(similar to their full bouquet discounts).
But considering that every broadcaster is here to maximize profit, they won't give us such an option, at least not in the near future.

Last edited:
Currently in tatasky
If I chose Dhamal mix pack 320 + Dmp hd ADD on 95 total cost 415 no gst no ncf
In new rules implement
130 + gst 154 to watch 100 fta channels

I'm paying 595/- including HDAF(Sports Dhamaka) for all the channels I want to watch which includes all sports channels, hindi news and some infotainment. As per current current scenario I'll pay as per following-
1. Star Sports Select-1 HD Rs.19
2. Star Sports Select-2 HD Rs.7
3. Sony TEN 1 HD Rs.19
4. Sony TEN 2 HD Rs.17
5. Sony SIX HD Rs.15
6. Sony ESPN HD Rs.7
7. Nat Geo HD Rs. 10
8. Nat Geo Wild HD Rs.5
7. Fox Life HD Rs.1
8. Discovery HD Bouquet Rs.8.50
9. Nat Geo People HD Rs. 1
10. Nat Geo Music HD Rs. 1
11. NDTV Pack Rs.5 (Not sure)
12. Few FTA News & DD Channels
13. MTV Beats HD Rs.1
14. VH1 HD Rs. 2
13. NCF Rs. 130
Total- Rs. 252 + 18% GST= Rs.297
So I'm saving about Rs.300 with the current pricing policy. 😀

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock