Tatasky Apathetic service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveksharma91

Reaction score
Hi
My Name is Vivek. I am a subscriber of tatasky since 2008 and was fully satisfied with their service. But last few days have made me to rethink about their attitude towards customer satisfaction. Yesteryear I upgraded my box to HD+. I could have changed my operator because the number of channels was less in TataSky. But instead I stick to it because of their prompt and uninterrupted service. A week ago my stb stop giving audio output on both HDMI and composite, so I called their customer care and asked for a service visit. Their service centre is less than a mile from my home and still their engineer visited after 2 days after making several calls. At 2:00 pm he came and checked it and said that he will replace it tomorrow because he does not bring it with him. When I asked him to replace it immediately, he said me to bring it to their office and get it replaced. So in evening I took my box there and got a refurbished one. My box was three months above warranty so I had to pay ₹520(350+170). The box was working fine so I set some movies to be recorded overnight. Next morning when I woke up I noticed that the stb was heating up way over the previous one and still its cooling fan was not running. The system detail menu showed that hdd temperature was 52*C. My previous box's fan use to spin whenever the hdd temp got over 45*c. This was not the only problem with it. The HD channels started to lag when it heats up. So I complained them about this and asked for replacement as this will definitely fry if I run it for long times which a DVR is supposed to. The service engineer called me next day and said that he cannot come as he is too busy and asked me to bring the box. I paid them a visit with that box and ask them to swap it asap. They said that they will check it overnight whether its faulty or not. So they keep it for the night. Next morning I called them and they said that they have changed the fan. I visited them again and shocked to see that it was still the same fan as it was still not spinning at 52*c. When I told him that, he said he cannot repair these boxes. I was really angry as he was trying to stick that faulty box to me. He denied to replace it with another box and said that it is under one month warranty and after that its your luck. I came back home and raised a complaint on their customer care and asked them to either replace that box or refund me my annual package money. Today morning their engineer came with a new box and installed it. It was refurbished but working absolutely fine. Its fan started spinning at 42*c. I was happy to get what I wanted. But all of that happiness shattered when they deducted ₹350 again from my balance for this replacement. I was really disgusted by this and called them and asked that why do they charged me again for this as the box is under one month warranty. They said that only service visits are free under warranty and I have to pay for other materials used. Really. ?. If the box you gave me is faulty then who is responsible for that. You or me? Why am I being charged for a sh#tty box? I raised a complaint and he said that my issue will be resolved on or before 19 may 2015. I gave them a final warning that either refund my money or I'll first hang this box in the middle of the city so that everyone can see what your services are like and then visit the consumer court. He requested me to wait till 19.
Lets wait and see what happens on 19 may but if something happens with this box again then I will definitely switch to another operator. Please suggest me a DTH better than this.

Vivek bro welcome to ddf :eek:hya:eek:hya:clap:clap & please contact nodal officer,they will resolve ur complaint on top priority basis:k

Bro Contact to Nodal Officer :k

but i am closing this thread otherwise fight will start :k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock