TataSky to replace Mega SD and HD packs with costlier Ultra SD and HD packs

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 70
  • Views: Views 9,191

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
TataSky the leading DTH operator is all set to hike the tariff of its most premium packs which it markets as Mega packs. TataSky currently offers Mega SD and HD packs for both south as well as rest of India subscribers. The unique selling point of the Mega pack offering is that it contains all channels and active services offered by TataSky except for special channels (HBO defined, HBO hits, Miniplex, Topper)  and comes in semi annual, annual and biennial subscription durations.

From 24th November TataSky will be hiking the tariffs of the Mega pack and will market it as Ultra packs. The difference between Mega and Ultra pack is that Ultra pack will be available for monthly subscription as well, while Mega pack was only available for semi annual, annual and biennial subscription durations.

The ultra pack does not include active services which the mega pack included. Both ultra and mega packs do not include subscription to special channels (HBO defined, HBO hits, Miniplex, Topper). The semi annual ultra pack includes 5 free showcase titles as opposed to 3 in mega pack, the annual ultra pack includes 10 free showcase titles as opposed to 6 in mega pack and the biennial ultra pack includes 20 free showcase titles as opposed to 12 in mega pack. Like the mega pack the ultra pack also includes free service visits by TataSky technicians and free relocation of connection.

I was planning to take Mega HD once my free pack expires next week. I guess I will have to opt for Ultra HD now.

intrinsicreality said:
I was planning to take Mega HD once my free pack expires next week. I guess I will have to opt for Ultra HD now.

Yup. You will have to pay 500rs more.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock