Tatasky+ Transfer HD remote touch function & signal Issues

• Thread starter Raser
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 7,378

Raser

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from Tatasky HD box to Tatasky+ Transfer HD box. I have a few query : 
  • Remote's touch pad function? (In manual it's mentioned working but it's not working in mine except for the lights on & off whenever I touch the select button but nothing happens on the screen)
  • Before upgrading HD box the signal for almost every channel was 80 strength & 50-60 signal quality & now with transfer box the signal is 80 strength but signal quality is 0 quality in many channels.
  • 3 tuners signals of Transfer box don't match (e.g.  T1 strength is 80 & signal 40-50 but T2 & T3 strength will be 80 & signal 0, vice versa) Is this normal?

Guys please help me on this!

1. Remote touch pad functions are disabled by software and it will be enabled in future through software update.
2. You need to change to super lnb, normal lnb won't work properly as it has 3 tuners signal gets divided. Ask for a free replacement of your exisiting lnb if they agree good else you have to pay around 800-1200rs for the lnb.
3. Yes, its normal. Since transfer box uses separate tuners for recording and viewing channels.

Bapun Raz said:
1. Remote touch pad functions are disabled by software and it will be enabled in future through software update.
2. You need to change to super lnb, normal lnb won't work properly as it has 3 tuners signal gets divided. Ask for a free replacement of your exisiting lnb if they agree good else you have to pay around 800-1200rs for the lnb.
3. Yes, its normal. Since transfer box uses separate tuners for recording and viewing channels.

Thanks a lot for answering my query Bapun Bro!

The second point, the technicians when changing the box they changed the lnb also & I saw them selecting super lnb in the settings when starting up the box for the first time.

Raser said:
Thanks a lot for answering my query Bapun Bro!

The second point, the technicians when changing the box they changed the lnb also & I saw them selecting super lnb in the settings when starting up the box for the first time.
Can you please share a photo of your lnb so i can confirm its super lnb or not.

Here are the pics of the lnb's box:

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

Link Removed

This is how it looks bro. So yours is not super lnb but a normal universal lnb. Which they use for every tata sky connections. Even i had to mail them once explaining the situation along with tv no signal screenshots then only they replaced the lnb.

Bapun Raz said:
Link Removed

This is how it looks bro. So yours is not super lnb but a normal universal lnb. Which they use for every tata sky connections. Even i had to mail them once explaining the situation along with tv no signal screenshots then only they replaced the lnb.

Oh okay! The previous lnb was from sharp & they changed to this one after upgrading to transfer. So I need to talk to Tatasky service team right?

Could you plz tell me what makes a good signal, is it the signal strength or the signal quality coz when i do the signal test on every channel it gives me fixed signal strength which is 80 but signal quality varies it's either 0 or 50-60 & tuner signal quality also varies e.g. T1 50-60  /  T2 0  /  T3 50-60 of particular channel.

- Signal strength percentage is represent the power level received at the input to the decoder.

- Signal quality is a representation of the Bit Error Rate after decoding, which in turn is proportional to the signal to noise ratio.

So you need signal quality to run channels properly.

Thank you Bapun Bro for Sharing the knowledge & for giving your valuable time, I appreciate it!  :clap :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock