TataSky's : Heads I Win, Tails You Lose DTH Policy: Manipur's Chronic and acute

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Our family has been a believer in the credibility of TataSkys DTH television networks for quite a few years and until a few days back.

We were taken in for a suck now we realise by the name Tata with whatever little we have learnt of the
name and related exposures to the significance of it during our student days in Bombay.

But TataSky DTH in Manipur sucks. It was towards the beginning of this year that messages were sent to all the connections for converting to the Set Top Box and accordingly we also did through services of the centralised system they have got in Manipur.

Well right from day one we realised that the Set Top Box being supplied was not defectfree and failproof.

Since it involves an important and significant cost of time we were
managing somehow with the one given to us. But one day very recently it became impossible to manage and I went for a new one.

The service agency in Imphal said we had to get a new one and I did agree. I paid for a new one.

Now the bluff comes out. I was told that all the recharges I had done earlier for all the favourite channels would be of naught.

Further since only a few free channels are included in the new package I had to pay anew for any favourite channel. This was the height of ridiculousness. First they did not bother to provide a failproof Set Top Box to begin with.

Second for anything the customers should be losers and they invariably the gainers. This is why I say TataSky DTH in Manipur sucks. On further introspection what really pains me is that most almostlike of agencies and functionaries in
Manipur work on the principle of pretence and deep bluff.

We can give examples of this galore. Let us remember what the Head of the People read as Chief
Minister had told the people both in public and in person that the Passport Office would start functioning in Manipur within weeks.

That was the beginning of the year. Now nothing has happened as yet. Any society demands that the
democratic Head of the People should walk the talk and should by no means indulge in fabricated statements.

The most unfortunate thing in this and which I do not want to believe is that people now talk of the provincial government having been bribed by the outsourcing agency
responsible for handling the issuance of Passports.

This very allegation weakens the social fabric and the scope for
emergence of a credible relationship between the governed
and the government.

It is happening at a time when Manipur necessitates an effective and credible governance for fruitful development and meaningful participation in the evolving globalised economic scenario.

Let us look at the mobile phone networks in Manipur as
well.

Any connection is founded on a contract between the service provider and the customer.

But any network provider in Manipur is efficient at most about 30 to 35 per cent of the promised potential and accordingly charged.

This is where the bluff arises as even the imperfect and failed
connections are the ones for which the customers have paid for.

Read more at:- http://e-pao.net/epSubPageExtractor.asp?src=leisure.EI.Amar_Yumnam.TataSky_Heads_I_Win_Tails_You_Lose_By_Amar_Yumnam

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock