TataSky's MPEG4 Migration - News, Updates and Discussion thread

• Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 958
  • Views: Views 222,329

SanRam

Reaction score

Tata Sky is moving to MPEG 4 This month. They will change the box soon as the customer request the change the box. They are going to change 2 channel in every regional to MPEG 4 so the customer will come to know that his box is MPEG2. When he calls the customer care and ask for replacement they will provide it i do not know the amount.

The Mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4 migration is going to take place on 25th of this month all the customer details have been send to the ISP's they said to replace the it very fast they have given 20 days. to change it.

Ne tv MPEG 4 has been started

RE: TATASKY IS MOVING TO MPEG 4 SOON

Who told you? Friend or any one else. Any source

AthiramComm said:
WAIT AND SEE DONT ASK SOURCE

you are violating the forum's rule by writing in caps, second we till not trust you untill give source. Because it can be thinking? Just as we think that how they are going on mpeg4. Different user different view. So better if you give the source

Source please

4 Beta

NE TV shifted in mpeg-4 format, it is 1st sd channel which shifted in mpeg-4 format in tatasky.
it is a north east channel.

But does tata sky need to test to know who is mpeg2 who is not? Do they not have a proper database. I think they must have a database according to digicomp information available with them. Although I see logic in moving some channels from every regional to mpeg4 as this will ensure that mpeg2 box customers also have essential channels available and those interested for more need to move to mpeg4. Very similar to what dish tv did in case of monobloc lnb. If u need channels from both satellites go for monobloc otherwise be happy with little less.

It won't happen fast.Tata Sky will have to replace all Mpeg2 boxes as told by Mr.Nagpal CEO in an interview.Then they will do some testing and then complete shift to Mpeg4.
Although this news is posted earlier here in DDTH above news must be confirmed with proper source also Tata Sky will not charge anything for the shift and replacement of boxes.

dipak said:
NE TV shifted in mpeg-4 format, it is 1st sd channel which shifted in mpeg-4 format in tatasky.
it is a north east channel.

pls mention the channel number...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock