Breaking TDSAT orders BECIL to hold commerical and technical audit of Tata Sky's system qua Sony's channel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 102
  • Views: Views 25,283
Indian cricket is there on Sony Six/TEN 3(Hindi) upcoming series in Nov/Dec in Australia even India Sri Lanka series also was live on Sony Six,so do not say Sony has no Indian cricket

In the period between 2015 to 2018 Sony's channel bouquet grew from 13 to 32 which includes many HD channels too & Tata Sky's subscriber base grew from 10 million to 16 million so how is asking for a substantial increase in fixed deal agreement amount wrong on part of broadcaster? Have u all forgotten the fact that Tata Sky increased the pack prices on a periodic basis and told us that it's due to addition of new channels so isn't it right to give a proportionate raise in revenue share to broadcasters ? Tata Sky charges are highest in the industry , if they don't want to pay more to broadcasters then they should reduce pack prices for us too but just making us pay more to increase profit is not acceptable atleast to me. Sony's demand of increase in agreement amount from Rs. 800 to 1700 crore is not that steep considering all these factors. If "market forces" affect input costs for the operator then broadcaster is not untouched by this as they are governed by same policies. Sony surely lost IPL but they have invested in getting rights of many other costly sports properties, look at the wide range of events they show on their network unlike Star Sports which charges hefty amount to show cricket highlights across channels. If u r not supporting Sony on this then i am afraid u r unknowingly promoting unfair practice. If u r supporting Tata Sky here then please ask them to provide HD+ STB to us at same price that of HD STB, if they agree then i will stand by ur side unconditionally.

Remember Sony has not increased prices pf channels, TRAI rules don't permit the same . Fact is no. of channels run by them + no. of subscribers & prices of Tata Sky have increased hence Sony is requesting for equal raise in fixed deal amount. Please don't fall for statements made to public, go into facts and decide who's stand is logical

Last edited:
So finally it's the real deal. Now it had become clear that who is the real calprit . Now I apologize to TataSky and all for those harse statements that I made. I appreciate what TataSky had stand for. Hats off to TS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock