Teachers unions pressure Discovery Channel to cancel 'Bad Teachers' show

Karan rocks

Reaction score
Teachers unions pressure Discovery Channel to cancel 'Bad Teachers' show after just one episode

The true-crime series examined cases where teachers and students were sexually involve

Teachers complained Sunday's debut was 'offensive'

American Federation of Teachers applauded the cancellation

Discovery Communications said it pulled the program because it 'shared the concerns' of teachers unions

Discovery Channel have axed a true-crime series which exposed teachers who had s#x with their students, following a backlash from educators.
'Bad' Teachers', a three-part series on Investigation Discovery, was cancelled after its Sunday debut when teachers unions complained the program was 'offensive' and misrepresented the profession.
Discovery Education's Steve Dembo announced the cancellation on his blog Tuesday, saying the company 'shared the concerns' of angry viewers.
'We appreciate the support of the educational community for bringing (their objections to the show) to our attention and we are pleased to share that Discovery Communications has decided to immediately cancel this program, removing it from ID's on-air and online schedule,' Dembo wrote.

article-2619087-1D87994D00000578-174_634x356.jpg

Buckled under pressure: Discovery Communications has cancelled true-crime series 'Bad Teacher' after its debut on Sunday following complaints from members of the teachers unions

American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten welcomed the cancellation, saying she hoped teachers unions could work with Discovery Communications to 'showcase the real work teachers do every day'. 'I was surprised to learn, through a barrage of tweets Sunday night after 'Bad Teacher' aired, that Discovery would use its brand to promote such an offensive program,' she said, according to Washington Examiner.

'However, I am heartened that it has taken steps to cancel the show and publicly affirm that Discovery Education's mission is to celebrate and support educators.'Every day, educators go into the classroom to make a difference in the lives of our children. Their work should be honored and valued, not bashed.'Observers noted the network may have feared that a union backlash would hurt sales educational products it provides to schools.

article-2619087-1D87994700000578-78_306x423.jpg
article-2619087-1D87993B00000578-621_306x423.jpg

United stance: Discovery Education's Steve Dembo said he was pleased to announce the cancellation of 'Bad Teachers', with American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten (right) describing the program as 'offensive'

Read more:
Teachers unions get Discovery Communications to cancel 'Bad Teacher' show | WashingtonExaminer.com
Good News from Discovery Education – DEN Blog Network

Anirudha Das said:
I think this show is not for Indian peoples.

I also think so becoz this type of adult shows not allowed in India.:wall but bro it's not written this show is for which country.:huh

Karan Rockz said:
I also think so becoz this type of adult shows not allowed in India.:wall but bro it's not written this show is for which country.:huh

I don't think this show is available in India :wall But 6 - 7 years ago they showed such kind of Crime Investigations in afternoon they don't showed anything offensive but the way they narrate it will bring lots of senses :lol But now MIB is killing such shows even Zee Trendz is not a bad channel but the strictness will cause it a ultimate shutdown :s I am badly missing such shows :( but MIB is not going to allows it :dodgy:-/:u

Anirudha Das said:
I don't think this show is available in India :wall But 6 - 7 years ago they showed such kind of Crime Investigations in afternoon they don't showed anything offensive but the way they narrate it will bring lots of senses :lol But now MIB is killing such shows even Zee Trendz is not a bad channel but the strictness will cause it a ultimate shutdown :s I am badly missing such shows :( but MIB is not going to allows it :dodgy:-/:u

Adult shows badly needed in India,:( I am missing those midnight hot shows.::shy:lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock