Technical Help Needed: HDMI to VGA converter for HD set top box/ Chromecast?

goodlord

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to use my old VGA monitor as a TV.

I am trying to do this by using an HDMI to VGA converter (with audio input) available on Amazon, Ebay etc.

The problem is that all the cheaper ones (300 rs) require the HDMI signal to also supply power to the device. I am not sure if my HD box (Sun Direct and Tata Sky -- about 1 year old) supply power.

Some of the product listings specifically clarify that the adaptors will not work with set top boxes, while others don't say anything.

I have found a couple of listings where the description says that it will work with set top boxes, but these adaptors don't have a separate audio output. You have to depend on the STB's audio output.

The problem is that this won't work for my chromecast device, which does not have any audio output.

Has anyone used any HDMI to VGA converter (within Rs 500 range) that works with STBs and Chromecast, and also has an audio output?

Chromecast doesn't supply power through HDMI port. It needs a separate power source through USB, it can be either from TV or a socket.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock