Sad News Television’s longest-running show CID to bid goodbye after entertaining viewers for 21 years

• Thread starter amty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,529

amty

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
CID, the show that began its journey almost 21 years back in the year 1997, will finally bid goodbye to its loyal viewers. The show is produced by B. P. Singh and Pradeep Uppoor under the banner of Fireworks Productions and has completed over 1546 episodes to date. It airs on Sony TV on Saturdays and Sundays at 10: 30 PM.

TellyChakkar has exclusive information that CID will air its last episode on 27 October. This has come as a shock to many, as the show was doing well all these years and no one thought it would go-off air.

Television’s longest-running show CID to bid goodbye after entertaining viewers for 21 years

It is a heartbreaking day for many people like me. The last string to childhood seems to be getting over. Still finding it hard to be believe. Watching it for past 20 years. It will definitely create a void tyat won't fill.. :'(

Last edited:
Always had that bad feeling from within since it went off air for some time during dus ka dum, hope this news is false 😢

Last edited:
CID is a landmark of SET and of Indian television in general. It will be missed. :hello: SET still has Crime Patrol.
P.S. I don't understand the difference between CID and CP/Saavdhan India.

CID is a landmark of SET and of Indian television in general. It will be missed. :hello: SET still has Crime Patrol.
P.S. I don't understand the difference between CID and CP/Saavdhan India.
Answer : Saavdhan India is based on real events. Meanwhile CID is fictional.

Opinon : I find Saavdhan India defaming people by putting false information to make their show entertaining. And CID illogical and repetitive at times.

The show is on a seasonal break and will be back next year ( early 2019.
Personally i would love it if they continue this format of seasons with each season having 20-30 episodes. At least something watchable.

You can’t choke the show this way: Dayanand Shetty reacts on CID’s sudden closure

Dayanand said that it was rather unfortunate, because they were shooting like always, and suddenly, their producer B P Singh informed them to stop the shoot owing to some issues with the channel.

There are also reports in the media that CID is not going off-air and will return with a new season after three months.
To get more clarity on it, TellyChakkar got into touch with Dayanand, who shared, ‘Who is going to wait for three months or even more than that? The crew members have some or the other work, so I am sure no one will wait for so long. Since we have stopped shooting, there are many people in our team who have already begun working elsewhere. If good opportunities knock on your door, who is going to wait? I believe it will be very difficult to bring back the same team post the break.’

You can’t choke the show this way: Dayanand Shetty reacts on CID’s sudden closure

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock