Telugu GECs compete for Satellite rights and Audio launch of Shankar's "I"

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
Telugu GECs compete for Satellite rights and Audio launch of Shankar's "I"

Hyderabad : The race to bag the rights to air the audio launch of Shankar's upcoming movie "I" titled in Telugu as "Manoharudu" is heating up in Hyderabad.

Ever since the film's Tamil version's audio launch with Hollywood actor Arnold and Super Star Rajnikanth stunned everyone, a lot more TV channels are reportedly come forward with lucrative offers.

Apparently, the channel which bags the Satellite rights of the movie is expected to be the default winner of Audio launch Telecast rights of the Vikram and Amy Jackson starrer romantic thriller.

The Production House Aascar Films has planned to launch the audio of "Manoharudu" separately in Hyderabad; Apparently, the buzz surrounding Shankar's "I" has shot through the roof and all eyes are on the film's audio launch in Hyderabad as the makers are trying to invite the Hollywood Action Star "Jackie Chan" as the chief guest. however, an official confirmation is yet to come from the makers.

Meanwhile, the theatrical rights for the film's Telugu version have been bought by Mega Super Good Films for reportedly Rs 30 crores, which is the highest amount ever paid for a dubbed film.

On the other hand, TV channels also are said to be clamouring to buy the satellite rights. Already, the Tamil version's satellite rights have been sold to Jaya TV for a whopping Rs 18 crores, according to some reports.

Market sources also confirm that Sun Network's Telugu GEC Gemini TV is staying away from the race for Telugu satellite rights due to the fact that the Tamil satellite rights were already been sold to Jaya TV, as the Media giant was looking for a multi lingual package deal, which ultimately did not materialise.

Now, with the competition landing directly between Maa TV and Zee Telugu, Sources confirm that "one of them agreed to offer Rs 7 crores for the film; however, the makers are expecting nearly Rs 10 crores to sell the satellite rights," a source in the know said. Interestingly, only films starring Pawan Kalyan and Mahesh Babu have been sold for such high prices in recent times.

It remains to be seen if Shankar's brand name and the massive buzz surrounding "I" will help the film to be sold at such a high price or not. AR Rahman has scored the music and PC Sreeram is the cinematographer.

http://tvnews4u.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=653:telugu-gecs-compete-for-telugu-satellite-rights-and-audio-launch-of-shankar-s-i&Itemid=629

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock