Terminated Videocon and moved to Tata Sky

ayanc99

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I terminated my 3 d2h connection and have moved to Tata Sky where I have taken 4K, Tata Sky Transfer and HD.

This is mainly because after having word with d2h officials over the past week or so and they provided no hope of addition of HD channels in the near future. With Euro and Copa America starting next month and multiple matches at the same time, without HD feed it is pretty useless.

Following mail sent to Anil Khera also elicited no response -

Dear Sir,

I have been one of the first users of DTH services in Mumbai starting with Dish TV in 2005. Post which I switched over to Airtel Digital and have been using services of Videocon d2h over the last four and a half years.

I switched over to d2h primarily because of it providing the most number of HD channels at that point of time.

However over the past 6 months, the addition of HD channels on your platform has nearly completely stopped. Tata Sky which was way behind the pecking order has marched forward and is now providing 80 channels and services on its platform while d2h has just about 50% of that number.

Top sporting events like the French Open which started yesterday is being shown on HD on TS and even the upcoming UEFA Euro which will be shown on Sony ESPN HD is not yet on your platform.

I have tried to reach various members of your team on this aspect but have got no appropriate reply from them. I have 3 connections and pay approx Rs. 15000/- annually as I subscribe to the highest package as well as most add on premium HD channels.

Hence, I wanted to know whether d2h have any plans of reaching the levels of Tata Sky in the next 6 months especially in terms of HD channels since I am aware that although two tps were activated early this year and there is enough space for new HD channels but none of them are being added for reasons not known to me.

Await your reply so that I can accordingly decide on my future course of action.

Regards,
Ayan Chakraborty
Mumbai

Congratulations for your new TS STBs :tup

How many dishes they installed for 3 DTH? Or single dish with quad port LNB? :huh

ayanc99 said:
We have MDU so no dish, just connected the wires to their port on each floor.

Okay, so super lnb is being used. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock