Terrestrial Broadcasting - news, updates, discussion

We have way better service than DTT, yes I am talking about DDFD. We took direct jump from Analogue Terrestrial transmission to Free Satellite Transmission.

DDFD is available in every corner of India & is more reliable than terrestrial transmission.

Yes other than Hindi there are almost zero regional language Channels available on DDFD, but if they (private regional broadcasters) are not willing to introducing their Channels on DDFD , I don't expect them to buy a slot (frequency) in Terrestrial Transmission. (If some day Govt thinks of selling them).

The only advantage of terrestrial transmission as compared to DTH is that we can watch channels while on the go.
I don't understand why free regional channels don't want to be on Freedish.

In Malayalam, some of the best channels are free channels like Manorama and Kairali.

People should be able to watch them with an easy set-up and without paying monthly NCF.

Government should arrange for free reception of free channels either via terrestrial or satellite delivery like UK gives both Freeview and Freesat

Last edited:
I don't expect them to buy a slot (frequency) in Terrestrial Transmission. (If some day Govt thinks of selling them).
Why wont they buy dtt slot? I think regional/local channels will be more interested in this as they will be able to target their coverage area.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock