Currently available terrestrial channels in India:

1. DD Regional
2. DD National
3. DD News
4. DD Sports
5. DD Bharati
* (all are SD)

Possible future developments:
1. Privatization of terrestrial television broadcasting (FM radio broadcasting boomed after it was privatized in 2001)
2. Addition of DD's HD channels to terrestrial frequencies.
3. DD may add private channels (mostly educational type) to their frequencies
4. Addition of more transmitters (currently 19 transmitters are operating in India by DD)

Frequency range of FM radio: 88 MHz - 108 MHz
Frequency range of terrestrial TV: 474 MHz - 858 MHz

Currently operated TV frequencies by DD:

5B5drWt.jpg

Last edited:
Indoor antenna should be enough to receive UHF frequency but not many are available online

DTT will be fully implemented across nation if western countries sanction india, DTT is a backup plan, in near future government of India won't give any impetus to DTT as it might irk private dth operators

@Bulgari bro, are you getting the channels in your area or simply created this thread after reading it in Prasar Bharati website.

Contrary to what is written, DTT services in most of the areas were shut down from 1st Nov. this year. I posted a seperate thread on this when DTT services were closed in Bengaluru. When I mailed to DDK, Bengaluru, they confirmed it. I tweeted @doordarshan_dtt and @prasarbharati on this matter, but no response from them. I also found people from other centers complaining @prasarbharati twitter about non availability of services. I do not know whether it is a temporary closure or permanent. I tried to call DDK, Bengaluru. After 3/4 unsuccessful attempts, somebody finally picked up my call and said the services were shut down.

I think DTT services in India died premature death.

So DD trying to increase to sell DDFD and hence shut downing the DTT services. As DD sports gets all india matches inclu. test matches, most of the people prefer to go for DTT services

@Bulgari bro, are you getting the channels in your area or simply created this thread after reading it in Prasar Bharati website.

Contrary to what is written, DTT services in most of the areas were shut down from 1st Nov. this year. I posted a seperate thread on this when DTT services were closed in Bengaluru. When I mailed to DDK, Bengaluru, they confirmed it. I tweeted @doordarshan_dtt and @prasarbharati on this matter, but no response from them. I also found people from other centers complaining @prasarbharati twitter about non availability of services. I do not know whether it is a temporary closure or permanent. I tried to call DDK, Bengaluru. After 3/4 unsuccessful attempts, somebody finally picked up my call and said the services were shut down.

I think DTT services in India died premature death.

bro, I created the thread for news and updates about DTT. It is sad to know that DTT has been shut down in many cities. Even Delhi users are reporting that they are not getting DTT when I searched the web. Let's hope it is temporary due to 5G testing or uprade to new technology.

This is a pretty recent video of a user scanning for DTT in his area (January 2022):

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock