'That's how you make an entertainer' - David Dhawan on 'Rascals'

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,080

BaLaG

Reaction score
For someone who made his debut as a director with Sanjay Dutt and Govinda starrer 'Taaqatwar' (1989), it seems like life is coming back full circle for David Dhawan who is reuniting with Dutt in 'Rascals'. He attributes his own long stint in the industry to the 'connectivity' that he has managed with his audience over the years.

"I don't want to sound immodest but give me any one name of a Bollywood director who has survived for more than 20 years, made over 40 films and still in the business of film making", questions Dhawan who would next be beginning shoot of 'Chashme Baddoor' remake, "There are directors who have come and gone but I have managed to stay on because I stuck to what audience demands. Similarly Priyadarshan too has a pulse of audience and moreover he is a good technician too. He is from South though but from core Bollywood, there isn't anyone who has survived with such huge volume of releases."

Dhawan, who has always followed the 'masala' route instead of taking an experimental route, add, "A few years back when there was a wave of this so-called new age cinema, people used to wonder whether I too would be shifting gears. Let me tell you though that none of that happened. Most of the times when people came to me, they insisted that I should not be doing anything different but continue to make the kind of cinema that has been popular for ages. I too believe that's the right way as well in Bollywood."

Also starring Ajay Devgn, Kangna Ranaut and Arjun Rampal, 'Rascals' releases all over on 6th October.

more.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock