Discussion The future of DTH services in India (2021 edition)

Aman878950

Reaction score
I have created this thread to know your guys opinion about the futuristic world of dth on TV in coming 5-10 years,with the massive and booming growth of internet technology,ott and incoming 5G in India ,how players such as Tata sky ,Airtel digital TV and d2h ,dish TV like big dth brands would be able to surve.Are these dth brands would have a same fate as dth companies in developed countries such such as America direct TV dth or an another scenario?Indian dth market is collapsing with the advancement in internet.Pls give your suggestion in this thread,if you would be the owner of these dth brands of India then how you would be able save these companies in coming year in the time of technological era.

I have created this thread to know your guys opinion about the futuristic world of dth on TV in coming 5-10 years,with the massive and booming growth of internet technology,ott and incoming 5G in India ,how players such as Tata sky ,Airtel digital TV and d2h ,dish TV like big dth brands would be able to surve.Are these dth brands would have a same fate as dth companies in developed countries such such as America direct TV dth or an another scenario?Indian dth market is collapsing with the advancement in internet.Pls give your suggestion in this thread,if you would be the owner of these dth brands of India then how you would be able save these companies in coming year in the time of technological era.
If satellite internet lauches in India that could be end of direct to services. I feel satellite-based internet can clear of space crunch of transponders but I am worried about no of satellites they Launch into space for sake internet

I read that ONE WEB, Spacex And Amazon are developing Satellite via internet services in india

in my opinion DTH services will survive in india for uptonext 5-7 years in india

If satellite internet lauches in India that could be end of direct to services. I feel satellite-based internet can clear of space crunch of transponders but I am worried about no of satellites they Launch into space for sake internet
I don't think hybrid box like concept would save save this dth industry.I think it become difficult for dth business players to sustain their business within 5 years.

The internet services in rural areas are pathetic and penetration is too slow. We are thinking of 5G services but 3G, 4G services needs to be improved by the operators. DTH will stay no matter what is done. The per capita income and many other factors have to be considered. If the basic necessities still missing who would think of internet.

Future is safe until atleast next decade. It's difficult getting fiber internet at smaller cities. Leave alone rural areas. Than people will have to buy smart TVs or atleast a HDTV with HDMI slots for smart boxes. Affordable mobile internet is also discouraging viewers to move to OTT. So DTH is here to stay for a long time. Based on how affordable DTH service is compared to internet. I see good growth in DTH sector.

If satellite internet comes it will outdoor units to receive internet & that is some dish 📡 like unit.So if dths also provide satellite internet along with existing services they'll survive.
Only some necessary changes to be made as per requirements.
It's also possible that in next decades we will be getting channels via satellite internet (internet channels) & signal transmission will cease down.

DTH will survive in India,as most have internet access only thru mobile,with Vodafone Idea collapsing in coming days,Jio and Airtel will increasing 1 GB price from average Rs 8 per GB to Rs 15 to 20 per GB,this internet will also become out of reach for common person,wired unlimited broadband at cheap rate only can make internet affordable,which still looks a dream realty for next 5 to 8 years

Affordable Satellite internet services from Elon Musk'sTesla,Airtel one web plans to accessible as well as remote areas in upcoming next 2 years would be a threat to traditional dth service as it would democratise India's technological.Dth companies like TATA sky as well as Airtel digital TV have loss in operating revenue in these days,d2h and dishtv huge loss is not hidden from anyone.So, it would be difficult to these dth players to sustain their business smoothly.Giga fiber and broadband rolling out speed is also a vulnerability to these dth players

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock