Discussion The idea of a free service is very attractive but is it worth buying ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about DD Free Dish so hopefully my curiosity will be satisfied in this thread.

Q1) What is the price of the hardware (Dish/STB/etc) ?
Q2) Which HD channels can I watch on DD Free Dish ?

People who are using DD Free Dish, is it worth buying ? I will be going to a new house soon & I don't want to use digital cable anymore. I am thinking about getting Tata Sky. I only watch Aaj Tak HD & Mtv Beats HD. If DD Free Dish offer equivalent channels I will choose DD Free Dish.

Please be frank.

1. ₹1000 is the minimum price of the hardware.

2. DD National HD and DD News HD.

DD Free Dish offers Aaj Tak and MTV Beats for free.

Don't buy. You will regret within the first day itself. As there will be no option to buy pay channels. Instead retain your cable and pay the monthly bill of ₹153.40 where you have flexibility to buy pay channel as per requirement.

I know absolutely nothing about DD Free Dish so hopefully my curiosity will be satisfied in this thread.

Q1) What is the price of the hardware (Dish/STB/etc) ?
Q2) Which HD channels can I watch on DD Free Dish ?

People who are using DD Free Dish, is it worth buying ? I will be going to a new house soon & I don't want to use digital cable anymore. I am thinking about getting Tata Sky. I only watch Aaj Tak HD & Mtv Beats HD. If DD Free Dish offer equivalent channels I will choose DD Free Dish.

Please be frank.
There are some good side like you will get live cricket for free. Dd sports has live cricket feed in DDT and DD free dish. Then if you love K dramas then KBS world is there. Most news channel are there. Still i won't recommend it to anyone. Not worth it if you watch TV regularly.

1. ₹1000 is the minimum price of the hardware.

2. DD National HD and DD News HD.

DD Free Dish offers Aaj Tak and MTV Beats for free.

Don't buy. You will regret within the first day itself. As there will be no option to buy pay channels. Instead retain your cable and pay the monthly bill of ₹153.40 where you have flexibility to buy pay channel as per requirement.

In case DD Free Dish offered Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD I would have chosen DD Free Dish without a second thought.
I will do with what you suggested & cancel the idea of taking DD Free Dish. From next month I will be paying my LCO
Rs153+Rs1+Rs1.50+(18%GST)Rs0.45=Rs156(approx). I have been paying my LCO Rs240 per month. I have cancelled all
pay channels leaving MTV Beats HD & Aaj Tak HD.

In case DD Free Dish offered Aaj Tak HD & MTV Beats HD I would have chosen DD Free Dish without a second thought.
I will do with what you suggested & cancel the idea of taking DD Free Dish. From next month I will be paying my LCO
Rs153+Rs1+Rs1.50+(18%GST)Rs0.45=Rs156(approx). I have been paying my LCO Rs240 per month. I have cancelled all
pay channels leaving MTV Beats HD & Aaj Tak HD.
What difference does it make? Content in SD and HD same. Anyhow congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock