Thinking about moving from Tata Play To Sun Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsha1996

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello all, I want to change my dth connection from tataplay to sundirect....
Currently using, Tataplay Binge Plus Box.... Only Reason For Shifting Is Cost Cuttings Don't Find Any Reason For Spending NCF fee 153 /- every month for just staying active.... And Rarely use pay channels like weekends and match days and some special days... And other days fta channels are enough for me....
I want to know somethings...
1. Sundirect HD Box, Remote Quality..
2. FTA channels clarity is good or not..
3. HD Channels Clarity Is Good Or Not Particularly Sports Channels
4. Favorite Channel System Easy Or Not..
5. Sundirect logo distracts viewing experience or not.. Particularly in HD and sports or not...
6. Landing Channel And Volume When We Switch On The Box Is Defualt To Specific Channels And Volume... Or It Will Same As When We Switch of the box..
7. Mtv beats HD, Vh1 HD, Hindu Dharam SS Sports Select 1HD, Select 2Hd Available Or Not...
8. For All Packs NCF is 59 or below including taxes or it will increase based on our packages...
9. Overall experience of app and box UI and responsiveness of box and customer support...
10. when we record do we need to stay in the same channel and switch on the box... Or we can change channel and record other programs....
11. Can i purchase only HD STB and remote without outdoor accessories through website directly or do I need to contact dealer's..
12. Can we simply change packs as per daily basis or packs are 30 lo ki packs...
13. Can we simply use app and website for all basic things like Tataplay.. Or do we need to contact for small things like olden days....

14. Finally what are things I will loose or is it a bad idea leave Tataplay...
I don't have any hate regarding Tataplay or love on sundirect this is simply a decision to save my costs for T.V channels as they are becoming less useful for me..
Thanks In advance..

Solution
Decided To Stay With Tata Play....
Checked The Picture Quality In My Friends House....Doesn't Look Good Compared To Tata Play... Even Present Channels Are Compressed In Tata Play
And Look Of Box And Remote Is Not That Fancy....
Even Packs Are Confusing Active user packs, inactive user packs, 0 day inactive user packs....
Ofcourse, they are good offers... But so much packs are confusing especially for Tata Play Customers...
But what I observed is sun direct is good for old generations because most of the things need to be handled by dealers... special packs etc.,
Thanks for your suggestions.... 👍
Major disadvantage in sun direct is that you can't take pay channel for viewing only special days or weekends. So you have to pay full monthly amount.

*sun direct users correct me if I am wrong.

So stay with Tata play or move Airtel if you want a cha nge.
If that's the case with sun direct... I will stick with Tata Play only..

Major disadvantage in sun direct is that you can't take pay channel for viewing only special days or weekends. So you have to pay full monthly amount.

@Deepu Darling Bro, We Can take Pay Channels also in Sun Direct Only for Special Days or Week Ends, There is an Option in Sun Direct APP & Website for it!!!

Last edited:
@Deepu Darling Bro, We Can take Pay Channels also in Sun Direct Only for Special Days or Week Ends, There is an Option in Sun Direct APP & Website for it!!!
Good then, but I can still say he should not go with sun direct until they have important channels.

I still doubt, do they cut money dbr basis 🤔

Bro I am sundirect HD user u can't compare SD channels quality with sundirect. Tata is gud but in HD wise sundirect is good for me like u asked star Sports select HD 1&2 , MTV beats HD, VH1 HD are available and NCF RS 53 for all packs u choose and u can avail channels for one day while activation u have to pay full amount then if u deactivate tht channel in between they will charge u accordingly to ur no of days.

Currently using, Tataplay Binge Plus Box.... Only Reason For Shifting Is Cost Cuttings Don't Find Any Reason For Spending NCF fee 153 /- every month for just staying active.... And Rarely use pay channels like weekends and match days and some special days... And other days fta channels are enough for me....
5. Sundirect logo distracts viewing experience or not.. Particularly in HD and sports or not...
6. Landing Channel And Volume When We Switch On The Box Is Defualt To Specific Channels And Volume... Or It Will Same As When We Switch of the box..
7. Mtv beats HD, Vh1 HD, Hindu Dharam SS Sports Select 1HD, Select 2Hd Available Or Not...
8. For All Packs NCF is 59 or below including taxes or it will increase based on our packages...
9. Overall experience of app and box UI and responsiveness of box and customer support...
10. when we record do we need to stay in the same channel and switch on the box... Or we can change channel and record other programs....
11. Can i purchase only HD STB and remote without outdoor accessories through website directly or do I need to contact dealer's..
12. Can we simply change packs as per daily basis or packs are 30 lo ki packs...
13. Can we simply use app and website for all basic things like Tataplay.. Or do we need to contact for small things like olden days....

I don't have any hate regarding Tataplay or love on sundirect this is simply a decision to save my costs for T.V channels as they are becoming less useful for me..
Thanks In advance..
Please stay with tataplay harsha 1996 bro/sis.tataplay is best dth service.i am enjoying with tataplay services,jingalala offers,Wednesday afternoon offers,and three days credit option.😍

SunDirect also having this feature but in a different way. If we choose any pay channel they deducting full money (1 month charge). But If we want to remove that pay channel on next day we can do. And they return Remaining money to our account.

For example we want to add star sports1 hd they deduct 22 rupees from account. if we remove that channel next day they return 21.27 rupees to our account. for that one day they deduct 73 paisa(0.73)

For Subscribing You Need To Have Balance (Equal To Price Of Channel) In Account But Once Unsubscribed After 1 Or 2 Days, Refund Will Be Processed On Pro Rata Basis,,,

Thanks In advance..
Do you have a smart TV/Android sticks for OTT viewing bro?
Aren't the new packs introduced by TP on par with Sun Direct as NCF is around 60 - 80 in most of the packs? Just curious to know how much will Kannada-only packs or Telugu-only packs cost on Sun Direct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock