Seeking Help Times new broadcaster pack changes

• Thread starter HitesH
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,997
Times Group is playing unfair and misusing the flexibility given by TRAI. As per rule TRAI has allowed broadcasters to include both SD and HD feed of a channel in same bouquet if content offered is different.

Here Times Group has kept content same but just renamed HD Feed to make it look like a separate channel & not being HD variant of Times Now SD. TRAI should look into this, if this is not stopped then others will also play this trick and force us to pay more unnecessarily for same content on both feeds in a bouquet

Wait till June? Why so long wait bro? Any news do you have with you? Please share with us if so. Thank you.

The current changes are happening two months after it was notified by Star,Jaya and TV18.Expecting Turner and Times changes to happen after 2 months from notification.😉

I think the time for update is for one month after notification of changes. Please do me correct if I’m wrong.

I think the time for update is for one month after notification of changes. Please do me correct if I’m wrong.
You're partially correct. Any changes made by broadcaster in bouquets/channels will be effective after 30 days & any changes made by DPOs in broadcaster bouquets/channels will be available for customer after 30 days. So, a total of 60 days, 30 days for each.

You're partially correct. Any changes made by broadcaster in bouquets/channels will be effective after 30 days & any changes made by DPOs in broadcaster bouquets/channels will be available for customer after 30 days. So, a total of 60 days, 30 days for each.

Also whenever such changes happen then some conditions also get altered in interconnection agreement, sorting out things takes time hence delay is not uncommon. This will happen often in near future but thankfully blackout is thing of past unless operator itself decides to drop channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock