To buy or not to buy binge +

• Thread starter suylim
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 5,362

suylim

Reaction score
Hi All ,

Since few weeks I am thinking of buying binge + after it enabled watching of ott content on other devices. Could you please help me answer below questions which would help me make a decision?
1. Is the ui very laggy? How user friendly is it for elderly people as it would sit in our living room.
2. Is entire ott catalog available on other devices via binge pack ? Would we be able to watch with 299 pm binge pack on other devices?
3. How is picture quality wrt to airtel hd box which we have currently?
4. Suppose we are not subscribed to a channel can we watch using internet?
5. Can we change channel during recording with free recording pack?
6. I also have firetv stick too, and did some rough calculation for ott + dish content & buying individual ott packs and I find binge+ cost effective in long term as I don't plan to stop using dth in near future. Am i wrong in this assessment? Approx 300 rs dth + 299 binge+ netflix 199+ prime 999
7. Is it a worthy investment from long term?
8. Lastly are there any direct dealer offers on this box?

Thanks dream dth members in advance :)

Solution
Hello,
I have been using Binge plus setup box since couple of months. Have experienced mix experience till now. In few aspects it's the best but some basic features are missing. Answering to your questions-
1. You don't find any issues with the UI (most of the time it's fast). BIG LET DOWN IS THAT THE FAVOURITE BUTTON IS MISSING. As you have mentioned elder people, it would be a difficult task for them to tune into the channels.(you need to tune into 900 for fav Channels)
2. Out of all the apps available (check the available OTT subscriptions on the website), you get all the apps on TV + 3 devices except SunNxt.
3. Haven't used Airtel Xstream set-up box but the picture quality is good in the TSB.
4. Live channels aren't available on...
Hello,
I have been using Binge plus setup box since couple of months. Have experienced mix experience till now. In few aspects it's the best but some basic features are missing. Answering to your questions-
1. You don't find any issues with the UI (most of the time it's fast). BIG LET DOWN IS THAT THE FAVOURITE BUTTON IS MISSING. As you have mentioned elder people, it would be a difficult task for them to tune into the channels.(you need to tune into 900 for fav Channels)
2. Out of all the apps available (check the available OTT subscriptions on the website), you get all the apps on TV + 3 devices except SunNxt.
3. Haven't used Airtel Xstream set-up box but the picture quality is good in the TSB.
4. Live channels aren't available on internet. But, when live satellite tv isn't available due to various reasons (rain etc) you have an option to view the channel online.
5. Yes. You can.
6 & 7. It depends. If you need multiple ott subscriptions, you may find 299 cheaper but with the available options like Recharge combo packs, Paytm first subscription, separate subscriptions seems cheaper.
8. Try through Justdial. I just searched for Tatasky binge plus and got many calls from authorised tatasky centres. Final price was 500rs cheaper through this.
Finally, if you use services of justwatch or Google often for knowing the streaming platforms for shows and movies, then you can prefer this setup box. Google assistant works really well but you won't find amazon prime on the searchable apps. So, the search results will not include Amazon prime and other apps.
One last thing. NO NETFLIX.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello,
4. Live channels aren't available on internet. But, when live satellite tv isn't available due to various reasons (rain etc) you have an option to view the channel online.
5. Yes. You can.
6 & 7. It depends. If you need multiple ott subscriptions, you may find 299 cheaper but with the available options like Recharge combo packs, Paytm first subscription, separate subscriptions seems cheaper.
8. Try through Justdial. I just searched for Tatasky binge plus and got many calls from authorised tatasky centres. Final price was 500rs cheaper through this.
Finally, if you use services of justwatch or Google often for knowing the streaming platforms for shows and movies, then you can prefer this setup box. Google assistant works really well but you won't find amazon prime on the searchable apps. So, the search results will not include Amazon prime and other apps.
One last thing. NO NETFLIX.
Thanks a lot for detailed reply. Another question is on catch up, is it supported for all channel? We can watch live tv using the apps too rt?
Ps. On tv mainly use prime video, hotstar, zee5 yt etc. Netflix have only mobile plan as of now so this should be fine for now :)

I'm basically a South Indian. So don't know about hindi channels. In South channels you won't get for Sun network channels. One thing what I have observed is, if HD channel is available, then catch up tv is available only for HD channel and not SD channel.(that's not the case for all channels). Also, it works only if you have subscribed for binge plus subscription.

Hi All ,

Since few weeks I am thinking of buying binge + after it enabled watching of ott content on other devices. Could you please help me answer below questions which would help me make a decision?
1. Is the ui very laggy? How user friendly is it for elderly people as it would sit in our living room.
2. Is entire ott catalog available on other devices via binge pack ? Would we be able to watch with 299 pm binge pack on other devices?
3. How is picture quality wrt to airtel hd box which we have currently?
4. Suppose we are not subscribed to a channel can we watch using internet?
5. Can we change channel during recording with free recording pack?
6. I also have firetv stick too, and did some rough calculation for ott + dish content & buying individual ott packs and I find binge+ cost effective in long term as I don't plan to stop using dth in near future. Am i wrong in this assessment? Approx 300 rs dth + 299 binge+ netflix 199+ prime 999
7. Is it a worthy investment from long term?
8. Lastly are there any direct dealer offers on this box?

Thanks dream dth members in advance :)
1. UI is Laggy On the startup. Takes atleast a Minute to boot the STB and another min to fully load the Binge services(Apps) without the lag.
2. You can watch most of the binge content through Binge+ app on mobiles. and live channels from TataSky app.
3. Seen people arguing the picture quality drops compared to the TS HD box. But i never used it so i dont find much difference
4. I dont have an Android TV but I installed IPTV apps and using free IPTV m3u playlists to watch English Entertainment channels on HD
5. I havent tested this.
6. -
7. I really hope its a worthy investment for long term. But binge software needs lot of optimization to keep stable.

It's not available on play store. So you can't install it officially. Haven't tried side loading it as I don't use it.

I have multi Conections in My Home...and Recently upgrade to binge+ stb from HD Stb ,,,am Deeply Absurved Campare with TS HD +/ TS HD Stb's .. TS Binge+ Stb Channels PQ/AQ is Poor it's my Personal Opinion

1. UI is Laggy On the startup. Takes atleast a Minute to boot the STB and another min to fully load the Binge services(Apps) without the lag.
Even firetv stick mi 4k box is taking time to boot...That's bcoz wifi connection as I feel... Once the stb starts then bearing to load the Box it has to connect to wifi network and then only load all apps...This takes time...
I have used Binge plus box for many months...now it's deactivated...i am not using DTH ...If the box to be active we should pay rs 154 /- monthly for NFC..On this basis I am writing my findings...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock