Top 5 Tamil Movies Collection

supermachi

Banned
Reaction score
Top 5 Tamil Movies Collection (as on date):

1. Enthiran - Superstar Rajiniganth - 256 cr.
2. Vishwaroopam - Kamalahassan - 220 crs.
3. Dasavatharam - Kamalahassan - 200 crs.
4. Thupakki - Vijay - 180 crs.
5. Mangatha - Ajith - 150 crs.

Source - Thanthi TV

bro i am a big fan of shankar n vikram
shankar - robot & aparichit - the stranger
vikram - aparichit the stranger

the movie shud come top 5 all time tamil grossers
made on a budget of 180+ crores so producers wud b in loss
20 crores- theatrical rights, 30 crores sold to telugu, 15 crores 4 hindi but ll be flop bcoz of its whopping budget n flop reviews

Tamil Cinema market is not tat great to have 3 200 Cr and 2 150 Cr movies.
I'm not sure wats the source of this but pretty sure that its wrong.

These r Tamil Cinema markets -TN, Kerala, Andhra, Karnataka, ROI, USA, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, RoW

In this list, other than TN and Rest of World(RoW), everywhere we get official figures. Since all major OS territories are captured RoW will be minimal.

For TN alone, we need to depend on sources only through distributors.

So adding all the above markets info is Endhiran did around 250+ Cr which is the All Time BB of Tamil.
Other than that every movie is struggling to enter 100 Crs itself.

In TN alone Endhiran did a business of 95 Cr with a share of 65 Cr (This is the reason Vendhar movies bought Linga for 65 Cr assuming it will do Endhiran's business). After Endhiran, in TN we have Sivaji, Kaththi, Thupakki,all 3 did 40+ cr Share business and Singam 2, Aarambam around 35 + Cr. Note: Viswaroopam late release in TN did not have great run - Its final outcome from TN was not quoted by the distributors in TN so its not captured in the list. It should be somewhere between Singam 2 and Thupakki.

So for overall Top grossers, Endhiran stands tall.
Other Top grossers which includes their Tamil/Telugu//Hindi versions in their order.
Linga 150 Cr
120-140 Cr ranges
Kaththi
Sivaji
Thuppakki
Viswaroopam

80-100 Cr
Singam 2
Aarambam
Dasavatharam

If you consider only Tamil, this is the list
Endhiran
Kaththi
Sivaji
Thuppakki
Singam 2

and reg I, it has done a gross of around 80-90 Cr till 3rd day including Telugu and Hindi versions.

For the source and Authenticity of my post, you have different websites for each territory - OS - Rentrak.
Kerala - BreakingViews4u
Karnataka - KABoxoffice
Andhra - AndhraBoxOffice, Tollyrevenue

These websites get official info's from their state distributor.

I'm not here for any arguments, i just posted whatever i know since i'm following trade of Tamil and Telugu films for last 2 years.

Movie websites falling prey to fake news for eg: a fake twitter Id in name of Sun TV was created and posted Mankatha as 130Cr which spread like anything. Later that account itself was removed. Similarly a website posted that Linga collected 100 Cr in 3 days which also spreaded and now we know the real fate of Linga.
If any websites posts these are the gross, let them give territory wise breakup then we can accept. but they jus randomly give the total collection which anyone can give.

For all the above collections i posted, we have territory wise breakups too.

dineshtgs said:
Tamil Cinema market is not tat great to have 3 200 Cr and 2 150 Cr movies.
I'm not sure wats the source of this but pretty sure that its wrong.

These r Tamil Cinema markets -TN, Kerala, Andhra, Karnataka, ROI, USA, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, RoW

In this list, other than TN and Rest of World(RoW), everywhere we get official figures. Since all major OS territories are captured RoW will be minimal.

For TN alone, we need to depend on sources only through distributors.

So adding all the above markets info is Endhiran did around 250+ Cr which is the All Time BB of Tamil.
Other than that every movie is struggling to enter 100 Crs itself.

In TN alone Endhiran did a business of 95 Cr with a share of 65 Cr (This is the reason Vendhar movies bought Linga for 65 Cr assuming it will do Endhiran's business). After Endhiran, in TN we have Sivaji, Kaththi, Thupakki,all 3 did 40+ cr Share business and Singam 2, Aarambam around 35 + Cr. Note: Viswaroopam late release in TN did not have great run - Its final outcome from TN was not quoted by the distributors in TN so its not captured in the list. It should be somewhere between Singam 2 and Thupakki.

So for overall Top grossers, Endhiran stands tall.
Other Top grossers which includes their Tamil/Telugu//Hindi versions in their order.
Linga 150 Cr
120-140 Cr ranges
Kaththi
Sivaji
Thuppakki
Viswaroopam

80-100 Cr
Singam 2
Aarambam
Dasavatharam

If you consider only Tamil, this is the list
Endhiran
Kaththi
Sivaji
Thuppakki
Singam 2

and reg I, it has done a gross of around 80-90 Cr till 3rd day including Telugu and Hindi versions.

For the source and Authenticity of my post, you have different websites for each territory - OS - Rentrak.
Kerala - BreakingViews4u
Karnataka - KABoxoffice
Andhra - AndhraBoxOffice, Tollyrevenue

These websites get official info's from their state distributor.

I'm not here for any arguments, i just posted whatever i know since i'm following trade of Tamil and Telugu films for last 2 years.

Movie websites falling prey to fake news for eg: a fake twitter Id in name of Sun TV was created and posted Mankatha as 130Cr which spread like anything. Later that account itself was removed. Similarly a website posted that Linga collected 100 Cr in 3 days which also spreaded and now we know the real fate of Linga.
If any websites posts these are the gross, let them give territory wise breakup then we can accept. but they jus randomly give the total collection which anyone can give.

For all the above collections i posted, we have territory wise breakups too.

Thanthi TV is the source bro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock