Totally Disapointed with new Airtel HD Connection

Suman Bar

Reaction score
Bro all of you know that I was a d2h user from last 5 years with 2 HD stb (Multi connection).
After a great discussion all of with you I bought 2 Airtel HD Box for my two room with multi connection.
Because
1) Airtel Package is cheaper than Tata Sky. (for example Airtel's Economy Sports= All Sports, All Kids, Some English News and English Moves etc).
2) I can choose All HD channel of its platform without choosing high base pack.
3) ses 9 is going to ready to add more channels that means Airtel's good future.

but now why I feel disappoint...

1) 1st of all now Airtel provides Indian made HD boxes which are providing low quality picture of SD and HD channels both. All the channels are somewhat whitish and with low clarity. Even my previous Videocon d2h provides good picture quality than Airtel's new box.

2) I can not hide channel lcn that means if I subscribe Star Plus HD then I need to dide Star Plus SD.

3) Unsubscribed channels are comes with Audio. Which are so irritating for me when I change channels with up or down button of Channels.

4) Every day One or two times a message sign comes on screen with messages. It is most irritating for my father who is almost old one. When I am home every time he asked me to remove those messages.

So bro can I change my Airtel HD STBs with Old one Airtel HD stbs which provides good picture?

Bro contact customer care and tell them that your stb not working properly and my stb is under guarantee so ask them to replace your stb

Bro,i think some problem in ur stb,that's why pq reduced,write the email to nodal officer,they will send the technician:k

4. change pop up duration to 1 sec.
after 1sec msg icom will auto disappeare.
3. no solution.
2. no solution.
1. I'm using Huawei HD+ Box. dont know about hero Boxes

Email to nodal officer and ask them that is it possible to change your STB to huawei STB(the old one) as the hero box is creating problems,mention any fake problems(low PQ,AQ,automatic restarts etc)

Airtel still gives Huawei HD boxes but I think user has to request for them,last week a member of our forum bought HD box and he got the huawei one automatically

Vicky said:
Bro,i think some problem in ur stb,that's why pq reduced,write the email to nodal officer,they will send the technician:k

Some days ago I lodge a complain. A Technician ( So Called Technician ) came. He checked the signal quality which is 61%. He said everything is ok. He not trying to understand my words and go away.

points 2,3,4 are really not very big issues...and can be ignored easily.

Now regarding PQ of chnls. I do agree, SD quality is not gud these days... :s
But HD quality is gud... I dont find any issues wid it.

SD quality will improve after SES9 launch, as they re compressing more n more chnls in tps... due to shortage. :k

Optimus_Prime said:
4. change pop up duration to 1 sec.
after 1sec msg icom will auto disappeare.
3. no solution.
2. no solution.
1. I'm using Huawei HD+ Box. dont know about hero Boxes

Optimus bro Every time when my father change the channel the message icon appears on screen until reading it.

Suman Bar said:
Some days ago I lodge a complain. A Technician ( So Called Technician ) came. He checked the signal quality which is 61%. He said everything is ok. He not trying to understand my words and go away.

Bro again file a complaint and when technician come tell that your stb is working fine for now only but give problems on regular basis again and again and strictly ask the technician to replace it and say that I am not satisfied with it

kumarvishwas said:
Email to nodal officer and ask them that is it possible to change your STB to huawei STB(the old one) as the hero box is creating problems,mention any fake problems(low PQ,AQ,automatic restarts etc)

Airtel still gives Huawei HD boxes but I think user has to request for them,last week a member of our forum bought HD box and he got the huawei one automatically

is it possible? Where is Nodal officer's e mail ID bro?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock