Discussion tracking satelites in south india with 60cm ku band dish

Amudhan

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
It's me again. since no one is respond to my previous thread it seems there is no one is from trichy here.
let me share my story here.. I'm located 2 km from a village. so there is no cable operators are willing to provide cable connection to my home and paid dth services are too expensive. so we've been using dd free dish for about 12+ years. since dd free dish started to remove tamil channels and started to add more hindi channels i decided to get some international channels.
And so like all peoples i hit youtube and saw some videos to get international channels on 60 cm dish. and i was impressed.. that guy on youtube set his dish on laosat and telestar 18. so with curiosity i bought a ku band (60 cm) dish.
The problem is I cant be able to get both of them here.
So i tried some mobile app to track satelites in my location.. I tried bunch of them. had been tried for almost 5 days and didn't get nothing (it took me so long because i set those by myself without any help). one fine day i decided to set my dish on abs - 2 (because i tried all of them and no other options are left).
when i completed setup, i went down and started searching for a new channel. I got few arab and one international channel. then i was wondering which satelite it was.. That was eutelsat 70B. Thats my very first experience in tracking satelites. Then i got bored of it. since that international channel always shows programmes about sea.
then next day i set abs 2 channels tp with video and audio pid. ( so that i could hear if that channel was received). voila i got abs 2.

Then i hit lyngsat to see any tamil fta channels around and saw ses 8 have a tamil channel. and so i tried to set my dish towards that direction. no luck with that.. (but that's how i end up with st2)

so now i had tracked gsat -15 , st2, measat 3, edusat, abs 2 and eutelsat. (from southeast to southwest).
when i was a kid i saw someone set his dth (60 cm ofcourse) pointed towards northwest.

so if anyone from south tracked anything from west with 60 cm dish help me out. you don't have to come here and fix it for me.. just tell me its direction and it's strong tp for me. that's enough.

I hope someone will help me track other satelites.

thanks in advance.

With Ku-Band Dish Forget About FTA Channels!

Try To Get A C-Band Dish!

Yeah, that's a leason well received. but C band dishes are nowhere to be found in trichy. even if i got one, transportation charge would be around 2000+ & dish will be minimum 1800 for 4 ft.

Yeah, that's a leason well received. but C band dishes are nowhere to be found in trichy. even if i got one, transportation charge would be around 2000+ & dish will be minimum 1800 for 4 ft.

Yeah But No Option Is Left!

Yeah But No Option Is Left!
I read a thread about receiving telestar 18 in tamilnadu by some guy named -----------
on youtube north indian guy tilted his dish with 2 inch wiretape. but aru didn't used anykind of wiretape. so is there any possibilities to get telestar 18 without tilting a 60 cm dish?

Last edited by a moderator:
u can try ur luck wid telsat 18 @ 138 e, ull get some signals...

70e wide beam
abs2 south asia and southern beam...

not much u can get on 60cms in TN

u can try ur luck wid telsat 18 @ 138 e, ull get some signals...

70e wide beam
abs2 south asia and southern beam...

not much u can get on 60cms in TN
do you know strong tp for telestar 18?
what is the best time to set telestar 18?

Thank you everyone..
I've another doubt. I have stc h-500 stb. In that stb there is an option called network scan.. what is that? is there any use by performing network scan?

Thank you everyone..
I've another doubt. I have stc h-500 stb. In that stb there is an option called network scan.. what is that? is there any use by performing network scan?
network scan means it will scan all tps of dth automatically. no need to enter all tps for scan...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock