• Views: Views 204,916

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are actually increasing the bouquet price. Not reducing the channel price except some premium channel to remain in the bouquets.. They will keep the channel price between Rs 3 to 12 to cover up the loss.
that could well be templates going to be used by broadcasters going forward

in cable what is the lock-in period?

this is why TRAI should bring 1-day lock in period MANDATORY for all DPOs.
In our cable, lock-in-period will be 30 days (month to month) for any channel or any bouquet.

The lock-in period must be 1 day. But when a channel/bouquet is chosen, the money should be debited from the account immediately and not at a specific time. Any subsequent addition/deletion of the same channel/bouquet on the same day must not result in charging the customers further.
When lockin will be 1 day. Point of subsequent addition/deletion same day donot arise.

I'd say the channel/bouquet price for the first day should be deducted instantly on activating it and then can only deduct the amount for the 2nd day after a full 48hrs has gone by since activation. Customers won't misuse it and they won't be charged for the second day if they remove it before the time expires.

Why
I'd say the channel/bouquet price for the first day should be deducted instantly on activating it and then can only deduct the amount for the 2nd day after a full 48hrs has gone by since activation. Customers won't misuse it and they won't be charged for the second day if they remove it before the time expires.
Why 48 hrs?? 24 hrs enough for what you said. Deduct balance as soon as channel is added. Next deduction at 12.01 AM everyday.

When locking will be 1 day. Point of subsequent addition/deletion same day donot arise.
That will never happen in DishTV and D2h as DishTV India Pvt Ltd is well known for its 30 days locking policy for years. They may have removed it few times just to attract customers and to fool them but again they remained constant in their nature by again implementing locking period of 30 days.
They won't mind having locking period of 45 or 60 days i think ;)

That will never happen in DishTV and D2h as DishTV India Pvt Ltd is well known for its 30 days locking policy for years. They may have removed it few times just to attract customers and to fool them but again they remained constant in their nature by again implementing locking period of 30 days.
They won't mind having locking period of 45 or 60 days i think ;)
That is mainly because they don't have the channels in the bouquets and To charge full bouquet price for that 30 days.

That is mainly because they don't have the channels in the bouquets and To charge full bouquet price for that 30 days.
No. They dont have lockin on bouquets. It cheaper to sub bouquets for a few days on dishtv than buying alacarte..

No. They dont have lockin on bouquets. It cheaper to sub bouquets for a few days on dishtv than buying alacarte..
Bro you have to look in prospect with NTO 2.0 which is going to be implemented soon from 1st March 2020 in which you have to choose channels of MRP more than Rs 12 from alacarte and alacarte of DishTV is having 30 days locking period.
In the above comment I was talking about alacarte channels only. DishTV/D2h will be happy and don't mind extending it to 45 days from current 30 days locking period

Bro you have to look in prospect with NTO 2.0 which is going to be implemented soon from 1st March 2020 in which you have to choose channels of MRP more than Rs 12 from alacarte and alacarte of DishTV is having 30 days locking period.
In the above comment I was talking about alacarte channels only. DishTV/D2h will be happy and don't mind extending it to 45 days from current 30 days locking period
Agreed to ur point. Pls go back to my comment and see what i have quoted(which is about bouquet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock