Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the source for this news?
Order passed, but waiting for complete details
HWdYbP9.jpg

Last edited:
Case is not postpone to 3 months

Actually more then 8-9 petition header together and one of them is postpone to 3 month rest of all not postpone and judgment we can expect sooner then later. below is the list.

WP/116/2020​
WP/680/2020​

WP/117/2020​

WP/118/2020​

WP/120/2020​

WP/124/2020​

WP/125/2020​

WP/126/2020​

WP/147/2020​

**please note this is my understanding after seeing all petition date.**
This is very specific

Is this really high court judgement?
The district is showing 'Thiruvannathapuram', whereas the High court is in Kochi, Ernakulam.
No, it's just a case status not the judgement. Website is legit though, you can check it yourself here Case Status : Search by Case Number using following details-

Case Type- WP(C)
Case Number- 2879
Year- 2020

There is no stay, but court had given directions to TRAI not to act against certain MSOs. With this order court has given green signal to TRAI to force MSOs for NCF reduction.

Broadcasters had nothing to do with this case. Their case is pending in Bombay High Court. So with respect to them there is no change in the status. Order from Bombay HC is awaited.
U misunderstood. I asked whether court has removed its restriction from TRAI, from taking action against MSO/DPO? If yes, then Trai should direct DPO to remove all non compliant bouquets. Broadcasters will automatically mend their ways or they will again ask court so that TRAI not force DPO.
So indirectly broadcasters are also impacted by this case. I hope u got my point.

U misunderstood. I asked whether court has removed its restriction from TRAI, from taking action against MSO/DPO? If yes, then Trai should direct DPO to remove all non compliant bouquets. Broadcasters will automatically mend their ways or they will again ask court so that TRAI not force DPO.
So indirectly broadcasters are also impacted by this case. I hope u got my point.

Yes, the court have removed restriction from TRAI and asked DPOs to approach TRAI and bgive TRAI a representation of their demands. As far as I understand even if TRAI will enforce, it will enforce only NCF clause (which is implemented by Siti, IMCL etc., Remaining players such as Den, Hathway, GTPL are expected to follow).

If TRAI enforces the broadcaster bouquet clause, all channels will have to go Ala Carte. In such a case prices of almost all consumers will go up by upto 40% which will create an havoc in the industry. That is the reason why DTH players have just complied with NCF clause and not bouquet clause. As far as my understanding is concerned, TRAI will come out with revised timelines for broadcasters to file RIOs and DPOs to implement the revised broadcaster pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock