Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is like Hearing -> Adjourn -> Hearing -> Adjourn -> Reserve Judgement -> Hearing -> Adjourn -> Hearing -> Adjourn -> Reserve Judgement........

It's as if they are stuck in an infinite time loop like in the Dark series!

Go to website of Eurosports. There go to 'channel and subscription' section. You will see a section named 'RIO for DTH'. Download that document. Read it. You will get. The rate is nearly same for all.
Eurosport* There! FTFY 😊
Which one?

I "Google" from my smartphone, and since EUROSPORT® is clearly a very established TV sports-network in numerous national-markets by now[ particularly where the cartelisation like the (Jio)® is trying very, very, very hard to achieve in India has already occurred since decades] — the global brandweb[site] doesn't show any option.

Anyhow.. Thanks for responding o/b/o Mr "@Saichaitanya4496". 😊

Edit Note: Yikes...! The communication-style of forumites is contagious! 😝😝😝

Last edited:
Eurosport* There! FTFY 😊
Which one?

I "Google" from my smartphone, and since EUROSPORT® is clearly a very established TV sports-network in numerous national-markets by now[ particularly where the cartelisation like the (Jio)® is trying very, very, very hard to achieve in India has already occurred since decades] — the global brandweb[site] doesn't show any option.

Anyhow.. Thanks for responding o/b/o Mr "@Saichaitanya4496". 😊

Edit Note: Yikes...! The communication-style of forumites is contagious! 😝😝😝
Eurosport is distributed by Discovery India. RIO can be found at Subscription | Discovery Channel | Watch Discovery

Reactions: KGF
Eurosport is distributed by Discovery India. RIO can be found at Subscription | Discovery Channel | Watch Discovery
Ahh...

Grammatical typos in my post aside, I see it now!
So the "not-for-jurisprudence"( obligatory-disclaimer in this society, I know) "Interwebs"-only[ soft] copy( in standard PDF) doesn't mention the “carriage fee” like it's a grievous-omen/dark-curse, as if a <ghastly-villian-in-a-young-adult-fantasy-franchise-whom-I-shall-not-name> but one is supposed to play a bit Sherlock™ and deduce that the difference between pre-tax "Operator Rate* payable to.." and "MRP per subscriber per month.."( lightly-paraphrased) constitutes as the great-great, barely-announced carriage fee — right?

If so: Incredible that a pay-TV service provider has a margin of 62% on the overall subscription-revenues paid directly by a[n] enterprise/peasant straight to their coffers STILL.. And that
Yikes! That's what happens when one communicates whilst being distracted elsewhere. 😬🤦🏾‍♂️😬
Hurrah...! This sounds radically "noice". No wonder why the likes of TATA|sky™ backed the chorus of India's most-Capitalist broadcaster* in erstwhile Star®[ India], their indirect minority-owners against what's-now-known as "NTO 1.0". Hopefully, if the Rule of Law gets to be practiced in effect( in short: prevails) and there's no notable( ahem!) corruption, this will FINALLY entice the broadcasters to experiment more as they used to before the carriage-fee took stronghold and unlike Bollywood producers, won't just keep effortlessly churning what "the public" laps-up. However, I'm a realist( call me ‘nihilist’ or ‘pessimist’, if you will) so for the sake of nuance: It's not going to make a dent in Populist Churnalism editorial-positioning of[ domestic] linear TV news media, unfortunately.( Almost the entirety, to be sure.) Since by the very understanding of just broadcast-engineering, it's a different ball-game altogether and most of them are FTA( priced ₹0/-), with or without "the privilege" of availability on DD® Free Dish — which brings together its own costs. Speaking of, that begs 2 distinct questions, one is slightly off-topic: In the case of FTA, how's that "Operator Rate" determined: Are licensed service-providers NOW legally-mandated to carry them without getting to cry about "limited bandwidth on public-airwaves" or..? If so: Please point me to the law that has been introduced[ to ensure compliance]. Or is it that every single distributor has adopted that[ also barely-known=barely-adopted] 'dual-pricing structure regimen'( my words) which makes the FTA channels on DD® Free Dish paid for pay-TV platforms[ on meagre-sum( consumer-rights advocates reading this, must note!)]? Something which Star® also pioneered( 'course!) and landed in just-another 🔥💦 with them( the service-providers).
And now, something which is diametrically off-topic to this whole thread: Can somebody access those iLlEgAl( read veritably-unlicensed) Ku-band feeds( read channels)[ if enabled by the LNB-specs] on DD® Free Dish by some customisation/hack( read jugād) or unlike its so-called "First World", the STBs are also locked per the branding like pay-TV and one has to root/jailbreak the OS or install some other one, something like that?

And wait.. I just noticed: EUROSPORT® India network does have an official web[ whose link/URL was created=purchased around the latest Republic Day] but unsurprisingly-yet-oddly, it's a standalone website just like the erstwhile DSport®.in and not the now-famous brand of EUROSPORT® available across EU-Russia Common Economic Space( includes the non-disputed territories of non-member but Candidate, the Republic of Serbia in the Balkans, also includes the now-exited[?] member**, the United Kingdom[ vide so-called BrExit, for faraway-political entertainment]), and here's the very same page mapped on that web: Mirror webpage, with suitable cosmetic-adjustments.

**Fun fact: The launch of EUROSPORT®[ brand] in India coincided with the FINALLY effective formal-exit of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock