Trai creating unnecessary things

I know about separately , but it doesn't restrict our choice in GTA channels. The thing bro you are mixing are both different in their nature and case
Within the capacity of one hundred SD channels, as referred to in sub-clause (1), in addition to channels notified by the Central Government to be mandatorily provided to subscribers, a subscriber shall be free to choose any free to air channel(s), pay channel(s), premium channel(s) or bouquet(s) of channels offered by the broadcasters or bouquet(s) of channels offered by the distributor of television channels:
Provided that if a subscriber opts for pay channels or premium channels or bouquet of pay channels, he shall be liable to pay retail price for such channels or bouquets separately. (Page 11, Point 6)

I know about separately , but it doesn't restrict our choice in GTA channels. The thing bro you are mixing are both different in their nature and case
Sorry I mean to say FTA channels

we have benetit if they allow us to choose channels whichare we like.No their basic pack.if basic pack + add on the n cost will be high

Trai's tariff order based on this thing what your saying , to give right of choice to customer trai is amending that rule fully

In my city local cable service providers are against TRAI tariff order and they are saying in their local news channel is cable monthly tariff will get increase and TRAI is unfair to them.

In my city local cable service providers are against TRAI tariff order and they are saying in their local news channel is cable monthly tariff will get increase and TRAI is unfair to them.

It's kind of strange why lco are protesting considering as they can have more revenue in new regime and if these lco are so much concern about protecting consumers then why don't they just make their ncf zero. This one change will reduce monthly bill by 130 for consumers. On one side they are taking ncf but in the other side they are protesting.

Someone pls ask them .

Last edited:
In local cable in village areas, the total bill itself is 130-150 rupees. They provide most Malayalam channels including their local channels, a few Tamil channels and sports channels
If they hike it, they will lose most of their customers and their business itself will shutdown.
These channels mainly survive by airing new movies on their local channel, illegally of course.

In local cable in village areas, the total bill itself is 130-150 rupees. They provide most Malayalam channels including their local channels, a few Tamil channels and sports channels
If they hike it, they will lose most of their customers and their business itself will shutdown.
These channels mainly survive by airing new movies on their local channel, illegally of course.
In cities like mine local channels airs movies illegally as well. We get all SD channels for 200 bucks and if we pay extra 50 bucks. We get HD channels as well.

In cities like mine local channels airs movies illegally as well. We get all SD channels for 200 bucks and if we pay extra 50 bucks. We get HD channels as well.
Many a times LCO's get boxes activated just by Customer Account Number, without any proper individual registration, On top of it, each LCO has 50 boxes (atleast) complementary, all of which are transfered to customers, these customers are not shown to broadcasters, all of this is easy for them since they provide the same pack to every STB, hence they're able to provide services at around 200-250, now that they'll need to customize channels for every customer, they'll need a corresponding proper registration as well, hiding subscribers won't do now, hence the insecurity.

Not all LCO's/MSO's are the same, ones who are customer centric are ready to provide packaging as per customer choice without any hindrances

Last edited:
Look at the bright side. Atleast broadcasters will now focus more on existing channel content quality if they want to survive rather than going on launching new channels spree.

Every other day we see same movie on four different channels . Hopefully it would end now as customers won't subscribe that many channels.

Star will be hit so hard by this new rule . It will also end &TV like channels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock