TRAI directs BARC to publish viewership data immediately

DreamFan

Banned
Reaction score
Industry watchdog and regulator, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), is cracking the whip on TV ratings monitoring body - Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC). In a sternly worded letter, TRAI has asked BARC to publish ratings and TV viewership data for the week ending 8 February with immediate effect.
TRAI directs BARC to publish TV viewership data on website immediately

Last edited:
But now they have to publish data else TRAI will take strict action against them
I don't think TRAI taken strict action any one.if they publish data then low rated channels have to reduce their pay channels price or give it for free.
Instead of useless new regulation trai could have made price limit for pay channels. Price limit should have fixed at 10 rupees for a pay channel

I don't think TRAI taken strict action any one.if they publish data then low rated channels have to reduce their pay channels price or give it for free.
Instead of useless new regulation trai could have made price limit for pay channels. Price limit should have fixed at 10 rupees for a pay channel
Bt according to article TRAI clearly told to barc that they have to publish data for week 6(2feb-8feb) on 25 feb on immediate basis else they will take action

TRAI is currently reviewing existing Television Audience Measurement and Ratings system in India.Last thing BARC would like to do is to piss off TRAI.😉

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock