Breaking TRAI moves Delhi High Court against excessive ads

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,354

jakab

Reaction score
The Delhi High Court on Monday sought responses from News Broadcasters Association (NBA) and the Central government on a plea by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) claiming that it received several letters from consumers complaining about their viewing experience because of excessive advertisement on various television channels.
Source

If court in favor of TRAI, rates will increase more.
10 minutes of commercial ads in one hour will reduce their ad revenue. Earlier TRAI was lenient on this requirement. If prices are further increased, there will be a churn in subscribers as well. It will not be easy for broadcasters to sustain and will have to discontinue majority of their channels. If they reduce the prices to Rs. 12 , it will be a win - win situation for all.

If Trai could do one more thing ...

The same TV network operates multiple channels with the same content with the sole aim of generating advertising revenue. Since I am from Kerala, there was a lot of programming for youth in the early days on the Asianet Plus channel. But today, more and more of it is just movies and reruns of serials previously shown on Asianet. When there are movies on the Asianet Plus channel, there is no need to subscribe to the Asianet Movies channel for such a high price? Other language channels seem to have the same problem.

The story is no different on sports channels. We are still discussing how Star Sports often simulates the same program for advertising on multiple channels, right?

If Trai could do one more thing ...

The same TV network operates multiple channels with the same content with the sole aim of generating advertising revenue. Since I am from Kerala, there was a lot of programming for youth in the early days on the Asianet Plus channel. But today, more and more of it is just movies and reruns of serials previously shown on Asianet. When there are movies on the Asianet Plus channel, there is no need to subscribe to the Asianet Movies channel for such a high price? Other language channels seem to have the same problem.

The story is no different on sports channels. We are still discussing how Star Sports often simulates the same program for advertising on multiple channels, right?
Star converted Asianet Plus into rerun gec like Star Utsav.😔
& other times only & only movies

Star converted Asianet Plus into rerun gec like Star Utsav.😔
& other times only & only movies
That's what I'm saying that Star ruined TV stations after acquiring.. In my opinion I do not think there is a need for a channel to watch reruns for Malayalee audiences like Star Utsav does in Hindi. Malayalee audiences always value fresh content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock