Breaking TRAI Suggestive Package of 100 SD channels from Rs.184

My Suggestion :
If i paid ₹19 for Sun and Vijay then provide Ad Free..
Else convert to FTA.. We ready to watch Ads..

This move is really bad.... ₹153 needs to be paid minimum and then you select HD or SD channels.... dishtv ₹99 pack includes all FTA channels plus some good channels like all music channels and news channels....trai move is worst than existing plan ..

Currently I am on dishtv pack 99 + family HD add on which covers all Hindi HD channels....so total cost ₹198
After this move it will go above ₹350 I guess... 😑

Loot lo jitna lootna hai....at the end of the day its the middle class people only who are affected by every government move(demonitization,gst,now DTH)😔

Last edited:
Copy/pasting a reference from the document where it says, it was proposed (and no reference to its acceptance - atleast I could not find it).
'It was also proposed that within the capacity of 100 SD channels, in addition to channels mandatorily provided to subscribers as notified by the Central Government, a subscriber would be free to choose any free-to-air channel, pay channel, premium channel or bouquet of channels offered by the broadcasters or bouquet of channels offered by the distributor of television channels.'
You yourself are giving the answer. Just read the highlighted part. It clearly says, a subscriber is free to choose any FTA, pay channel. It clearly means that we can select pay channels also in 100 channels slot by paying their MRP & NCF.

You can check the airtel's thread, there members have posted the screenshots of their packs which includes HD channels too within the NCF of 154.
Now, you tell me if it's compulsory to take 100 FTA channels at 154 then how one can get HD channels in the first slab of NCF of 154? In your case, the additional slab of NCF should have been applied but it's not so which clearly indicates that we can take 75 pay channels out of 100 channels by paying their MRP + NCF.

It has been a pathetic experience to choose the TV channels. The monthly cost has increased as compared to what we use to pay earlier. Its difficult to choose the channels and keep the cost in check. Irrespective of whatever channels combination we choose, final outcome is more cost and less channels as compared to what we were getting previously. On top of that, it has become tough to speak to customer care team, wait time has increased before we could speak with a customer care rep. Moreover, our DTH provider customer care reps are not having much clarity about the packages. Not so good job AIRTEL!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock