Good News TRAI to unveil modified New Tariff Order rules on TV channel pricing by mid November

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
With the Broadcasters wanting to retain status quo on New Tariff Order (NTO) while the Cable Operators and other stakeholders like Reliance JIO wanting a price reduction, the industry regulator TRAI seems to have fixed the Judgment day as 2nd or 3rd week of November.

TRAI’s Chairman RS Sharma, on the sidelines of the open house discussion on the subject in New Delhi, revealed that the modified set of rules on NTO is set for launch in the next 20-25 days, in-order to increase transparency in the pricing of television channels.

TRAI to unveil modified NTO rules on TV channel pricing by mid November

I think it will take more years to implement. Because broadcasters are going to challenge it to the court and the final hearing on supreme court will be in 2021. It took almost 2 years to implement NTO 2017.
TRAI shall ask all stakeholders, FIRST implement modified NTO and fight NEXT in courts like IUC in telecom!

Yes, NCF is the major concern for the increase in price in the NTO.
Otherwise NCF can be charged per channel.

I think all Rs 22 channels will be priced as Rs 12 in future, as currently broadcasters are offering it, I think they have reduced prices to see the impact and if situation improves then they would stick with it.
Big No.. that means for 10 pay channel we have to pay 120+130+18%= 295..

Currently we are paying 190+130+18%=378 for 10 pay channel of Rs 19 each.. (according to trai rule.)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock