Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 230,727
Because these are initial days so now they are trying to maximising their revenue share from consumers monthly bill. so kept their pricing on higher side to see the market response. If we goes by largest MSO here, Siti cable packages then at Rs 250 pm we see except Zee no other broadcaster's popular pay chs so they are missing a large chunk of subscribers. So it will reflect in their BARC data and ad revenue.

Consumers are not stupid that one who was paying 250 will suddenly pay 350. That means broadcasters will have to lower their pricing to be able to fit into consumers budget
Exactly

Consumers should boycott highly priced channels by not subscribing them and choose only reasonably priced ones. That way they will be forced to lower their price. I want to commend Discovery India for pricing their whole bouquet of 8 channels for ₹ 8 only. Everyone should support them by subscribing their Family Pack.

Consumers should boycott highly priced channels by not subscribing them and choose only reasonably priced ones. That way they will be forced to lower their price. I want to commend Discovery India for pricing their whole bouquet of 8 channels for ₹ 8 only. Everyone should support them by subscribing their Family Pack.
Star and Sony are worst. There packs bouquets and channels are priced very highly.

I think these rules will bring an end to small channels with low TRP. Earlier small channels were only watched since they came bundled with packs. Now most users will not pick them even if they are free because of NCF.

This will create a monopoly for big broadcasters.

Star and Sony are worst. There packs bouquets and channels are priced very highly.

I think these rules will bring an end to small channels with low TRP. Earlier small channels were only watched since they came bundled with packs. Now most users will not pick them even if they are free because of NCF.

Their content price are also very high, Not to forget Star has invested 22,000 crore on BCCI. So if you are investing that much amount then you should expect more than 25,000 crore in return. so where will it come ? it's our pocket , so it's obvious their chs price will be higher

I hope this does not happen. If all DPOs follow in the footsteps of Tata Sky, then ideally this should not happen. A new TV channel may enter as an FTA, which might be included free of cost in the base pack for the subscribers. If the content becomes popular then eventually this channel may become a pay channel. If the content is not accepted by the viewers then the channel will eventually have no option but to shut up shop... unless it is run by somebody with very deep pockets.

Last edited:
Their content price are also very high, Not to forget Star has invested 22,000 crore on BCCI. So if you are investing that much amount then you should expect more than 25,000 crore in return. so where will it come ? it's our pocket , so it's obvious their chs price will be higher

I don't think the main point here is the cost of a single channel. It is about the discount which broadcasters are offering their bouquets at. This possibly means they will earn profit even if they charge a lot less for the à la carte offerings.

Last edited:
I deselected these Sony tens also bro, @KuLpreet Singh . Bcz see the picture.👇
yDdgkdz.jpg
gJqzqVC.png
If u r so obsessed with th Germany u should start watching Bundesliga on Star SportsSelect 2 jst for ₹ 7 i think

If u r so obsessed with th Germany u should start watching Bundesliga on Star SportsSelect 2 jst for ₹ 7 i think
Yes, I selected the star sports2 hd at ₹ 11, bro 👍😳 But I the supporter of man City. It also sometimes telecast in this one. And I nowadays the fan of young Leroy Sane🔥⚽🔥

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock