TV is for masses, has more reach than films: Rashmi Desai

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 593

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Popular television actress Rashmi Desai feels the small screen is for masses as it has far greater reach than the films.

With big stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor doing TV shows like “Yudh” and “24” respectively, Rashmi thinks it is a healthy trend.

“Television is for masses and it has more reach than films. It is a nice transition…of big stars like Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan bringing in episodic (shows) like “24” and “Yudh”,” Rashmi told PTI.

Rashmi is elated with the response that her character Preeti is getting in the show “Adhuri Kahaani Humari”.

“As an actor I have never done any negative roles, hence it was challenging for me to play such roles. I like to keep experimenting. There will be a lot of surprises for the audience. I hope they appreciate my effort,” she said.

The “Uttaran” actress reveals that during her meeting with the makers of the show, she was given the reference of Hollywood movie “Gone Girl”.

“Beauty with brains is a rare combination among girls and this is something like that. I am very fortunate to play this character. I’m sure there are so many actresses in the industry who would love to play such a role,” Rashmi said.

Usually, actresses playing negative characters on screen have a loud appearance. But, Rashmi is happy that her role is not like that.

“I wear sarees but they are simple and classy,” she said.

“Adhuri Kahaani Hamari” deals with the idea of rebirth for the sake of love. The show is aired on &TV.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/tv-is-for-masses-has-more-reach-than-films-rashmi-desai/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock