Breaking TV Monthly bills drop down under new rules :TRAI Chairman R S Sharma

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 20,643
Choose packs , channels wisely. Broadcasters r knowingly keeping a-la-carte prices on higher side and forcing u to take bouquet at lower cost. Consumer has the power now, if one acts intelligently then within few months prices will tumble and auto correct. This will happen for sure as broadcasters know deep down that people won't be willing to spend more than a set limit for TV bills & ofcourse ad revenue is directly dependent on viewership. Also 15% bouquet discount cap might be enforced again by TRAI if broadcasters play mischief which irk subscribers.

I am extremely happy with new regime, specially bcoz we will not bear burden of useless channels getting launched with repeat content forced on us & quality stuff will survive. Also earlier operators found it difficult to pay hefty fixed deal amount in advance and we were deprived of getting favourite channels, now it's thing of past as pending channels r making its way on various platforms. Broadcasters / Operators both can be at advantage if they follow right strategy.

In my case i am making smart choices, avoiding things unnecessary. Like i have not opted for Zee Bouquet or Star Bouquet , Zee Family has many regional news channels , Zee News, Zee Cinema, Zee TV which i do not watch .... hence opted for select channels on standalone...made similar choice for Star India while incase of Sony and Viacom18 i have opted for bouquet offering English, Infotainment, Hindi Movie Channels (not including Sony Max). I am not from Kerala but Kerala Budget pack from Viacom18 gave all channels i wanted at fraction of cost, u all should chose wisely to get benefitted
I too agree with his comments. If we reduce unwanted channels then u can save money. For example for last 1 week I have stopped all sports channels ( complimentary Airtel star sports preview) and saved quite large from my billing when match is on I may subscribe for tech savvy it will be helpful but otherwise it

After a decade or next century I don't think sun, star and Sony will reduce there packs at any cost
Bro they'll they've to see Sony, SAB, Star Bharat, Star Gold are no where standing in front of others. It directly impact on advt. revenues because there reach will reduce.

:sleep:in my dream....
All advertiser's conduct a meeting in a
Fine morning....and teken some important decision on TV adds
1. They are all decided to give adds only to
FTA CHANNELS.
* After one month all pay channels are converted as FTA

:sleep::sleep:

I too agree with his comments. If we reduce unwanted channels then u can save money. For example for last 1 week I have stopped all sports channels ( complimentary Airtel star sports preview) and saved quite large from my billing when match is on I may subscribe for tech savvy it will be helpful but otherwise it
How much were you paying earlier and how much are you paying now?

:sleep:in my dream....
All advertiser's conduct a meeting in a
Fine morning....and teken some important decision on TV adds
1. They are all decided to give adds only to
FTA CHANNELS.
* After one month all pay channels are converted as FTA

:sleep::sleep:

We Indians r too obsessed with freebies culture, as i have said both extremes of being expensive or getting without paying anything is not right path. Every channel can't be FTA, there is lots of cost involved in making content , marketing, distribution etc. which a FTA channel can never afford to do. On FTA channel u will see repeated, old content or even if there is some latest content then it will be thanks to its sister pay channels.

Also even if somehow a FTA channel decides to show great content then transmission quality will not be of top standard, what i mean to say is somehow they will have to do cost cutting to run a profitable venture.

Future? When?
Even if they reduced each channel price to 2 rupees we will still be paying more than before if we want all the pay channels(we will be paying around 1000 rupees where as before we use to get all the channels for around 650 in tatasky). This future reduction talk is same as a saying in Telugu “ ara chetilo vyakuntham chupinchadam”. Good for nothing talk. In reality they will not reduce it to 10 rupees, forget about reducing all the channel price to 2 rupees. They will not even reduce the bouquet prices to half, even by God’s grace if they do we will still be paying more than before for less number of channels. But I don’t think they will reduce the prices.

Seriously can't believe people are batting for TRAI here. Those guys who were paying 700s or 800s blindly earlier are finding it cheaper now I guess. What these people are forgetting is an average middle class family used to get all required channels ( their regional + sports + few Hindi) for less than 250. Now tell me what they are getting for 250? 5 pay channels + NCF is shooting the price to 260. This is a gone case. As pointed out in the earlier post even if the price of a channel is brought down to 10rs it would still cost 250 for mere 10 channels. I seriously can't find any sense in pundits claiming the cost will go down in future. Guys at TRAI and others who are advising people to choose wisely now are the ones who used to choose dumbly earlier.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock