UAE T20 Media Rights sold to Zee Network for 120 Million US Dollars

MFan9724

Reaction score
The Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) has sold the 10-year media rights for its upcoming UAE T20 League for a staggering USD 120 million to Essel Group-owned Zee Network.

A significant aspect of the deal is that the tournament would be telecast on Sony Sports too, as the expected merger between the two major TV networks in India - Zee and Sony - is widely tipped to be completed soon. Predictably, Sony did not participate in the bidding.

UAE T20 League media rights sold to Zee Network for USD 120 million

Last edited:
Cricbuzz understands that the deal was signed just about a week back and a chief negotiator on behalf of the broadcaster was Rahul Johri, the former CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). He had joined Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd last year as president - Business, South Asia.

Rahul Johri played a key role in this deal, he has recently joined zee, I think ipl rights might also be sold to Sony Zee, Rahul Johri can play a key role for getting IPL rights to Sony Zee.

Last edited:
But will Zee launch a new sports channel ahead of the Sony-Zee merger? I think it belongs to Zee5 ...
They are not going to shut old brands and despite add new brand. They already said that many times.

So will they bring ZEE Sports or we might see transformation of &tv to &sports a premium sports channel?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock