Breaking Uday Shankar to step down from Disney Star

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 2,644

Shubh

Contributor
Reaction score
Uday Shankar, president of Walt Disney Company APAC and chairman, Star & Disney India, has decided to step down to pursue entrepreneurial endeavors, the company informed. The resignations will be effective as of December 31,2020, announced Rebecca Campbell, chairman of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer & International segment.
Uday Shankar steps down as president of Walt Disney Company India

Vwq59mi.jpg

NtNrrGM.jpg

Source:- Luke Kang named President, Walt Disney Company APAC; India head to be named in early 2021 - Exchange4media
@veer32564 @Rajpatil98 @JollyLNB
@Shubham
@Rd22 @Shubh @SarfaRaZ @dino29 @Lifestyle's of Israel
@Basil @Abhinav842 @Saichaitanya4496

Last edited:
Disney's decision is wise. In APAC region India is the largest contributor to the company bearing Star. So a non Indian or non Star executive who lead Disney APAC bound to make clashes with Indian executives. Now Star and Disney India becomes more independent. Hope K Madhavan continues to head Star.

Disney's Seperate Head Decision Game Changer for India Television Market, Hope Disney will give Full Support to Upcoming Star/Disney India Head and Previous Head Uday Shankar got Big Support from Fox/Disney, Uday Shankar Done Great job in Some Deals on Acquisition of Maa Tv Network, and Acquiring Broadcasting Rights of IPL, BCCI, ICC and Seperate Live Sports Commentary Feed in Regional Languages.

I Guess it's K Madhavan Only.
Yeah even i also think same because right now beside him there is no one who is capable to handle star
Currently K Madhavan is handling the whole Star and Disney in India. That promotion happened recently and his current duty is big. I think for leading Disney Asia Pacific, any executive from the parent company is called. Disney India(including Star) may directly report to Walt Disney through the executive. Or else they may appoint a new face from other company. If K Madhavan is promoted to that position, it will be a great achievement for him and surprise for us..!
Disney's decision is wise. In APAC region India is the largest contributor to the company bearing Star. So a non Indian or non Star executive who lead Disney APAC bound to make clashes with Indian executives. Now Star and Disney India becomes more independent. Hope K Madhavan continues to head Star.
Finally our expectations coming true, K Madhavan named President of Walt Disney Co India and Star India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock