Seeking Help Unable to watch content on web with Binge Elite.

Superman680

Reaction score
I have subscribed to Binge Elite some days ago which is for Mobile & Web. But when I proceed from binge website to Hotstar it shows that I need to subscribe. Subscription details says that I have a 499 subscription which is mobile only. Feeling cheated by Tata Play which I have been using for the last 15 years. Contacted CC and they say that the pack information is wrong and they will refund my money.

Yes, I am able to watch contents on mobile but Hotstar web is not available for which I had subscribed. I mostly watch contents on web.

The issue with these plans is that Hotstar opens separately on its app and web by logging into the registered number. So, whenever we buy a mobile-only binge plan, Hotstar mobile-only plan gets activated and can't be accessed on the web. Whereas, if you buy other plans like 175 and 299 plans, Hotstar Super and Premium plan gets activated respectively. Rest all apps in the binge plan works normally. It is the fault at Tataplay's end for not mentioning the details properly for all their plans.
175 and 299 plans are the most suited plans for you in the binge plans if you need Hotstar web as it activates Super or Premium plans.

But 'Mobile and Web' is written on their pack details for Binge Elite 999/yr.
Yes. Tataplay should have mentioned that Hotstar plays only on the mobile app and not on the web (similar to SunNxt disclaimer on 175 and 299 plans). They are at fault here. We end users, just like you, can only claim refunds and choose the appropriate plans according to our needs.

Hotstar is the only exception in this case and rest all the apps work on the app itself.

Yes, I am yet to get my refund. They didn't even cancelled my subscription yet.
If we go by their recent history with binge packs, They won't cancel your plan and issue a refund, and instead ask you to cancel the plan before its renewal. Consider yourself lucky if its proven wrong.

If we go by their recent history with binge packs, They won't cancel your plan and issue a refund, and instead ask you to cancel the plan before its renewal. Consider yourself lucky if its proven wrong.
Lets see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock