Update regarding new channel additions

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I called just now Punjab & Kolkata Nodal Office both to know about new channel additions. Members will be disheartened to know all new channel additions delayed, postponed. :'( They have applied for new satellites but govt clearance still pending. :angry The BJP led govt is creating various issues. :wall Had it been a Congress Govt things would have been different. :( Currently they are not all interested in adding new customers. They only want to serve the old customers & try & retain them. :angry He said the satellite is totally full & they dont have any space left to add new channels.:'( Only current govt can bring them out of this situation. :( He told that when they get required permissions they will focus more on:

1. FTA Channels
2. HD Channels
3. Regional specially Bengali, Hindi, Urdu & Punjabi, Also some Marathi channels might be added.

He admitted they are unable to trap customers even with the recent sports channel additions in base packs. :no :angry

I got to know that Chennai office has instructed them to stop selling of new boxes SD/ HD & just concentrate on retaining customers. He said currently we have four USPs to retain customers:

1. Ten Channels in base packs. :eek:hya :D :lol :wall
2. Economy Pack @ RS 139 p.m. with channels like Colors Infinity, Russia Today, Star Utsav, Popular South Indian Channels & few selective ROI Channels. :lol
3. Cinema Plus Sports Pack :eek:hya
4. Value Plus Pack for ROI. :)

When asked when can we expect new channels ? He replied no deadline. But he said that they are thinking of adding some more existing channels in base packs. :)

I threatened to quit. Do you guys know what he replied: (Like a stereo typed machine) We are having cheap package, sunshine centres, maximum sports channels, popular bangla channels,punjabi channels. :angry :wall :wall :angry :angry
I kept the phone feeling disgusted. :angry :wall

I have recorded the call. I shall post it later when I am at home.

Contact Numbers: 0172 - 4620292, 033 - 40207676 (When you call the 2nd no knowing bengali is a must)

I have MD's email id. I am going to shoot a mail tomorrow. Demanding to refund my money. Hopeless ! Whether they dont get govt clearance or not thats not our lookout. We want more channels at any cost.

Sarkar said:
Why don't they invest on better compression ?:huh

I beleive they are hoping to get clearanace soon(more than one year) and its backfiring for them:D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock