Upgraded to Airtel Digital TV HD Set Top Box- Pics and Review Inside

@rahul1117kumar In cal-comp STB there is only one Dual Colour LED indicator. The same LED becomes red and green depending upon situations. It turns Red in standby mode and Green in Power On mode. While pressing any button on remote except STB power On/Off button, the Green light blinks every time. Sometimes both Red and Green Colour in LED lits up like in cases of No Signal. Till date I have never faced any issue of hanging.
Hi
What is the full cost of upgrading to HD stb? I just got a new led tv after my 10 year old CRT tv conked off.So looking to upgrade my existing airtel SD stb too.What confused about many options with HD stbs like cardless calcomp and flextronics box etc?

The biggest blunder of the UI is the Favourites Option. Earlier I could select 15 favourite channels but now I can select 100 but that is of no use. The channels selected as favourites go round in a loop. On the first day I did not knew that every time I have to switch Off the favourites to view channels serially one after another continuously. I was not at home and my parents got very frustrated as every time on pressing Channel+ button on remote it switched to Star Sports 1 HD. I have Set Star sports 1 HD as my first favourite channels for cricket world cup. Another blunder in favourites is that we cannot Move Up and Down a channel. If we have to arrange the favourites list then we will have to deselect and reselect all the channels in the sequence we want. There is even no option to Deselect all selected channels in one go.

Another flaw I found is that we cannot view the programme list of Unsubscribed Channels on switching to the unsubscribed channel. I will either have to go a subscribed channel or go to Channels option under Menu.
Yes this issue me too facing. Can't rearrange the fav list channels as per your need.

Only Red light and Yes Hanging problem.. Not like old box... Try to replace with old one but in stock all new box available
Yes Cal comp stb is a bit slower and hangs while changing channels. Hope SW update would resolve the same.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock