Using Videocon D2H DVR LNB for DDFD

alamodein

Reaction score
I am sorry if its repeated question

I have Videocon D2h HD DVR dish and LNB (dual Port)

I have discontinued D2h connection

Also I have recently purchased Soild MPEG4 HD Free DVB-S2 STB

I have following queries:

1. Can I use D2h dish and its LNB (using one of the dual LNB port) with Solid STB to receive DDFD FTA channels

2. Will I be able to receive both DDFD and Dish TV FTA channels if I point to GSAT

Thanks in Advance!!!:):):):):)

yes.
you are absolutely right.

standing behind ur dish slightly move it to 1 or 2cm left and try to catch GSAT.

by proper dish alignment you can also catch dish tv free to air channels along with DD FREE DISH..
all the best.

alamodein said:
I am sorry if its repeated question

I have Videocon D2h HD DVR dish and LNB (dual Port)

I have discontinued D2h connection

Also I have recently purchased Soild MPEG4 HD Free DVB-S2 STB

I have following queries:

1. Can I use D2h dish and its LNB (using one of the dual LNB port) with Solid STB to receive DDFD FTA channels

2. Will I be able to receive both DDFD and Dish TV FTA channels if I point to GSAT

Thanks in Advance!!!:):):):):)
yes you can :tup and buy a 6 or 8 feet dish & c band LNB you can watch more fta channels:tup:tup

also mark your current dish position with a marker pen .

So it will be easier to align back to videocon in case you wish to continue using it.

drizzles said:
also mark your current dish position with a marker pen .

So it will be easier to align back to videocon in case you wish to continue using it.

Good advise.. this is the trick i used to apply when experimenting...

drizzles said:
yes.
you are absolutely right.

standing behind ur dish slightly move it to 1 or 2cm left and try to catch GSAT.

by proper dish alignment you can also catch dish tv free to air channels along with DD FREE DISH..
all the best.

Thanks again, with your guidance and further learning, I was able to set the dish myself for the first time and started receiving DDFD channels
I am using Solid HDS2-9057 DVB-S2 / MPEG-4 1080p STB

As its a new learning for me, I used SAT finder app to point to right direction. First few times some of the transponders had no signals but its done In end
DDFD channels on GSAT15 working fine

Now only thing is remaining is to get Dish TV FTA channels which unfortunately with lot of tries I am not able to get

I added satellite NSS6 manually at 95.0 Degrees and added the transponders mentioned in the DDFD channel list sticky post

Here are my issues if someone could guide me again, it will be very grateful:

1. The transponders for Dish FTA channels I added (mentioned in this forum) does not have any signal, I tried wiggling the dish on both the directions and always ended up with lost signal on GSAT15 still no signal on NSS6 Transponders.

2. I did blind scan on NSS6, it adds few transponders (in image below) and scan encrypted Dish TV HD channels, Vande Gujarati channels, and same channels like DDFD in same order even on 95.0 Degree but no Dish FTA channels

3. I am using Videocon D2h DVR Dual LNB, DO I need to replace with more powerful LNB?

4. Till today morning Vande Gujarati channels were working fine and now they shows Scrambled. Though there is no $ sign in front of channel name.I tried deleting all channels and scanning them again, same issue

Thanks in Advance!!!

23lik37.jpg

pls share ddft channel screenshot your lnb position is showing horisondal then move to oppsition direction then scan
or lnb position shows vertical then enter dish tv parameter 12110 h 40700 and move dish to left side behind of dish very slow

abdulla said:
pls share ddft channel screenshot your lnb position is showing horisondal then move to oppsition direction then scan
or lnb position shows vertical then enter dish tv parameter 12110 h 40700 and move dish to left side behind of dish very slow

Thanks for replying and sorry for being id*ot, I didnt understand technically what you asked me to do.
My LNB position is V
so DO I have to keep 12110 h 40700 and move little slowly towards left?
which screenshot I should share, sorry didnt get that

abdulla said:
your dd frequ shows standard lnb so pls change lnb as universal 9750-10600 and 22k on or auto

I will try doing this, Thanks!!! I have kept this for GSAT15, will change for NSS6 too

Will let you know, Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock