• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,124

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Kolkata, Jul 28: Keeping with its trend of providing youth oriented entertaiment, the UTV's broadcasting division is all set to launch UTV Star--a channel dedicated exclusively to Bollywood and its glittering celebrities--on August 14.

Announcing this at a press conference here today business head of the channel Nikhil Gandhi said, ''Having revolutionalised the movie production space, the foray into Bollywood-centric Channel seemed entirely logical.

''With UTV Stars, we strongly believe that we can bridge the 'need gap' by constantly offering the audience never seen before content,'' he stated.

Replying to a query on how confident he was about the success of the upcoming project as there were many channels providing similar content round the clock, he said, ''I am confident that the UTV Stars would be a great success as being film producers, we have the support of the entire film industry.

''Our channel will provide Bollywood up, close and personal,'' he said, adding it will be a holistic experience of the hindi film industry.

The channel is primarily targeted at urban Indian youth and is being established as a 360 degree brand that will be present across various platforms--TV, Web, Mobile and on ground.

The content of the UTV Stars will span three categories-original programming, news formats and music.

''I am delighted that UTV is coming up with such a channel,'' said filmstar Minisa Lamba, who was also present on the occasion.

UTV Bindas and UTV Action are the other two successful televesion ventures of the company.

--UNI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock